calling any one from missouri

Are those of you near Joplin aware of the Turkey Creek Poultry Swap? First Saturday every month, so it will be July 2, from 7-12. I went to the one in June and was impressed by the variety of poultry, and the big turnout. Here's a poster they put on Facebook in March, with more details of how it works...same each month. .
I went last month for the first time last month, and will be taking a bunch of extra cockerels this month. I am also taking a few I would like to see go for breeding a Lavender Orpington, an EE, and some Heritage RIR. I need to get my numbers down.

Last edited:
I have 6 hens that i am going to sell I have 5 black naked necks and 1 Japanese bantam I am willing to sell them as a group for $50 (will negotiate) as long as you give them a forever home if you are interested in the offer send me a personal message and here are some pics of them

I am located in Kansas City , MO

Hi katdur....I got all my chickens from Estes Hatchery in Springfield. (We live about 1 1/2 hr. away) It's quite an experience going there....
Good luck on your chicken ventures!

Hi katdur....I got all my chickens from Estes Hatchery in Springfield.   (We live about 1 1/2 hr. away)   It's quite an experience going there....
Good luck on your chicken ventures!

I was not aware of this establishment!I will check them out when I get closer to that time. Thank you for sharing!

Katdur you might want to check out their website for breeds offered, hatch days, etc. http://www.esteshatchery.com We got there so early the last time, they hadn't sexed all the chicks yet and we had to wait a bit. Our babies were only hours old when we brought them home. When I read in these forums the problems and trauma of shipping chicks in the mail, or the unreliability of breed/sex of feed store chicks, I very much appreciate having a local hatchery.

I was not aware of this establishment!I will check them out when I get closer to that time. Thank you for sharing!

Estes staff are usually at the Springfiled Farmfest in Octobe with chicksr. That's a good place to learn about chickens. There are several vendors, some with chicken specific products. There are also animals shown but I can't remember if I saw chickens there last year.
I live south of Branson and raise birchen marans.

I am in FULTON
1f60a.png
. I have 3 chicks from cackle hatchery. One is Black Jersey giant , one is white jersey giant, and one is a buff Orpington. They seem to be doing great. This is my first try at chickens. I hope I do it right. I can't get this app to let me upload pics or I would show you how cute they are. I am in the process of building a coop. Lol. New to power tools so it's taking me a very long time.

Welcome to BYC and the MO forum! And to the world of chickens! You'll find lots of good advice in the forums, the Learning Center, etc.

Back
Top Bottom