calling any one from missouri

anyone have bantam hatching eggs? I'm going to wait a day to see if my hen truly is broody to get any and if she has I'm looking for OEGB, Sebright, modern game, rosecomb bantam, serama, pit bantams or any other kind of chicken similar in style. Hen is an american gamefowl/ saipan jungle fowl , I wouldn't mind gamefowl eggs for her.

anyone have bantam hatching eggs? I'm going to wait a day to see if my hen truly is broody to get any and if she has I'm looking for OEGB, Sebright, modern game, rosecomb bantam, serama, pit bantams or any other kind of chicken similar in style. Hen is an american gamefowl/ saipan jungle fowl , I wouldn't mind gamefowl eggs for her.
Go to the poultry swaps! Joplin's is the first Saturday of each month at Turkey Creek Feed, and Neosho's is the 2nd Sat. at Southside feed. Often the birds they bring end up laying eggs in their cages. Or you can connect with local breeders at the swaps. I got bantam eggs at the recent Neosho swap and they are hatching today. Only 3 eggs, but that was better than nothing. Also I had put an ad on Craigslist asking for a small amount of hatching eggs, and heard from a woman in Mindenmines who raises Silkies and Cochins and said she will sell eggs. I don't remember her name, but you could probably place a similar ad ad.
Good luck!

thanks.. I asked if anyone on the thread had any..... cl was already suggested and I would really rather find a person on here.. I have looked on my local cl and the people i message dont message me back or they have mixed eggs.. the ones you posted are nowhere near me, i am literally 20 minutes from arkansas, 20 minutes from kansas and 20 minutes from oklahoma, I am in the far sw corner.. thanks though..

edited to add I am also looking for a pair of OEGB's or a trio of miniature gamefowl.. prefer the mini gamefowl (pit bantams) or 6 or so straight run day old chicks, bantam or lf.. , maybe gamefowl chicks

Last edited:
Hi Everyone!

Quick background: I'm starting a non-profit for spent hens that would otherwise be killed for being past their prime-laying window. The goal is to place them in homes where they would be cared for and allowed to live out their natural lives. My main focus (but not limited to) would be disabled veterans like myself who are battling PTSD, anxiety, and depression. Aside from more conventional animals such as dogs, chickens can have a therapeutic benefit in many of these cases, and this has been true in my case. Autism, ADHD, and memory-loss are some other common problems that have shown improvement when caring for chickens.

I'm now facing a few final hurdles I need to get over so I can get these hens and place them in homes, so I'm reacing out to folks in Missouri for help. If you happen to live somewhat close to Columbia, MO (or know someone who does) and have or know of a place that could hold 2,000+ hens for a short time (2-4 days) to do quarantine/testing, PLEASE contact me! If you're considering it and would like more details, please contact me at [email protected]. There are too many details to get into here, but this is MUCH NEEDED for me to succeed in this endeavor. Thank you, and please share!

For more information about me, what I'm doing, and why:

"Like" on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/2nd.Hend/
Site in-progress... https://second-hend.wixsite.com/second-hend

It's time for Apple Butter Makin' Days in Mt. Vernon! Yes, they actually make apple butter on the courthouse lawn, plus they have a parade and a huge craft fair. It starts tomorrow, Oct 13-Oct 15th.
http://www.mtvchamber.com/apple-butter-makin-days.html
apple butter.png

Apple butter sounds so good.

Hi all, I have been MIA on this thread for a few weeks. Life getting in the way. Some family issues took a toll for a couple weeks now fighting a 2 week case of bronchitis that doesn't want to go away. I took a vacation week figuring on finishing my run, too sick to accomplish anything. Still am. Wish I could get that run finished.

I lost my Aussie hen for who knows why, she was fine in the am dead when I came home from work. The other 4 are doing well but am concerned the buff colored EE may be a roo. Will have to post some photos in the sex thread. Have been paying with FF and they are really liking it. With my work hours I am leaving some crumble out daily just in case they need it.
I'm hunting organic flock raiser crumbles and having trouble locating some a few more places to check as I re-gain some energy.

Probably off to Springfield for state softball tourney next Sat if they get through the next level on Friday. GD's team has won their division the past 2 years. Go for it Lathrop Lady Mules!! 6 hours driving for me that day.

Back
Top Bottom