calling any one from missouri

I'm going to take advantage of the warm up next week to move my large gangly chicks to coop. They are now 5 weeks....
greta 3 8 (3 of 1).jpg

Yea same thing over here at Orscheln's they sell a lot of chicks but don't know much about them... I spell it wrong every time but google knows how to spell it lol.

JT
YOu just spell it right!!! :lol: That's where I was last weekend. I stood there watching the kids for awhile as there was a small crowd of them. They were so excited. A couple little girls were telling me all about their plans for their new babies.

Welcome @Rachealx4 .....
This morning we are going to get more feed. I bought a bag of Purina Flock raiser at TSC in Pittsburg, KS, and tho all my chickens of all ages have loved this feed, they are all balking at eating it, both adults and chicks. It is dated Feb 6, so it's not old, but this batch is a darker color. I'll return it and get more at a different store, different batch, different town.

Welcome @Rachealx4 .....
This morning we are going to get more feed. I bought a bag of Purina Flock raiser at TSC in Pittsburg, KS, and tho all my chickens of all ages have loved this feed, they are all balking at eating it, both adults and chicks. It is dated Feb 6, so it's not old, but this batch is a darker color. I'll return it and get more at a different store, different batch, different town.
Huh. That is strange :hmm

We got back from Race Bros. in Carthage, with the new bag of Flock Raiser, which not only has a different date, but a different plant code. The chicks' bowl was still full of the 'bad' batch of feed, they had barely touched it. I gave them the new and they went crazy eating it. Ditto for the adults. I started a thread about the issue, and I hope Purina responds. I also sent them a message via their website.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/has-purina-changed-its-flock-raiser.1226697/

I think I've seen a thread on here about Purina and a bad bag of feed they wouldn't eat... I get all flock from Orschelns so far never a problem.

JT
Do you know what is the protein content of that All flock? Orschelns is a lot closer....we have one in our closest town of Lamar.

Back
Top Bottom