calling any one from missouri

Hello!
I'm in KCMO, and just got a house. My boyfriend is planning on doing some growing, and I'd love to breed some chickens for fun..
Right now we are in research phase, trying to see what can work, because the yard sadly isn't as big as we would like. I should have room for a few hens though.

Does anyone know if KC has height restrictions on coops? I cannot find that in our ordinances. Also, we are on a corner lot.. and the front/side yard is much bigger than the back (also we have a neighbor very close in the back). Are coops in the front okay?

And I was reading our composting ordinances but it looks like you can only use yard clippings and vegetable waste, etc. What do you guys do with your chicken poop?

Hello!
I'm in KCMO, and just got a house. My boyfriend is planning on doing some growing, and I'd love to breed some chickens for fun..
Right now we are in research phase, trying to see what can work, because the yard sadly isn't as big as we would like. I should have room for a few hens though.

Does anyone know if KC has height restrictions on coops? I cannot find that in our ordinances. Also, we are on a corner lot.. and the front/side yard is much bigger than the back (also we have a neighbor very close in the back). Are coops in the front okay?

And I was reading our composting ordinances but it looks like you can only use yard clippings and vegetable waste, etc. What do you guys do with your chicken poop?
Welcome to the MO thread....I don't know about KC regulations, but there should be someone up that way on this thread...

:frow Hi!
I'm in St Louis (well just outside the city). I have two chickens and one duck (the duck is my baby whom I love waaaaaaaay too much). I've been on the site off and on for educational purposes mainly (3 years it says.... Wow!) , but am enjoying being a bit more involved as of recently. :woot
Welcome (back) to the MO thread! I hope you'll post pics!

We had some straight line winds must have been in excess of 60 MPH and horizontal rain for a while up by Fredrecktown yesterday.

Glad to be finally back on here after being locked out by the forum software for a while.

JT

Welcome to the MO thread....I don't know about KC regulations, but there should be someone up that way on this thread...
KC does have restrictions though not sure of the details. I'm I Independence and can have up to 6 hens no roos ( I do not think KC Allows roos either) my coop has to be so many feet from adjacent residences.

Back
Top Bottom