calling any one from missouri

Angel check out the "Coops" section up top - there are some awesome designs of all kinds of coops for all tastes, purpose and budgets.

Clucky, can you not have roos where you are? Reason I ask is most people are real fussy about even foot traffic around thier flocks let alone " stud service" exposure. Quarentine for newbies of a month is recommended for that matter. Stud service just isn't something done. What you might consider is eggs tho. Hatch rates are lower with shipping but you can get eggs from even top quality stock from all over pretty reasonable and health issue risks are very, very, low . Many breeders will even mix and match for you. No offence, but you do know you get non-fertile eggs even without a roo? Hope this helps!

hi :)

I'm just wondering if we are allowed to ask if anyone in the area breeds such-and-such breeds on this thread or if we still have to go to the Buy-Sell-Trade for that?? I'm looking for people in my area that have roosters that are the same purebred breeds as our hens (and are illness and bug free healthy birds!!) that would be interested in having "conjugal visits" for them...but I'm not sure if that is allowed.

In any case, HI! We live in Independence, MO. :)
Hi cluckyCharms
I think it is ok, as I have seen it done on the mille fleur page and the cochin page. Cochins are my favorites so those are really the only threads I follow. I follow this thread because US Missourians have to stick together.
Most breeders wouldn't allow conjugal visits due to the qaurentine period needed when bringing new birds in.
What kind of chickens do you have?
smile.png

Hi cluckyCharms
I think it is ok, as I have seen it done on the mille fleur page and the cochin page. Cochins are my favorites so those are really the only threads I follow. I follow this thread because US Missourians have to stick together.
Most breeders wouldn't allow conjugal visits due to the qaurentine period needed when bringing new birds in.
What kind of chickens do you have?
smile.png

Thank you both for the replies thus far. :)

We have pullets since that's all we're allowed.

1 Norwegian Jaerhon
2 Gold Laced Brahmas
2 EEs - not interested in breeding
and we'll be having 1 Russian Orloff and a wheaten Marans as well

I'm just frustrated because I just love the thought of having hatching eggs but...I do know about the quarantine period. I thought the quarantine was to make sure that the chickens do not have any transferrable illnesses or buggaboos to infect/affect the rest of the flock though...not sure why healthy birds having conjugal visits (not sure what else to call it, lol) would need to be quarantined?

Ah well, I know I'm probably grasping at straws - short ones.
gig.gif

Last edited:
Birds can look healthy but be carrying something. Hence the quarantine period for all birds.

I have 2 jaerhon hens. I used to have more and roos but sold them. I really like them. I think they're both cold and heat hardy.

Anyone close to St. Louis with fertile LF eggs I could buy soon?
My incubator is finished, I have to boost my numbers in the next month and I'd rather not ship eggs.
Thanks.

I haven't quite got to sorting out by breeds yet to breed pure but I have a friend that often makes a run to STL to visit her son WEs and I should have to make a run myself in the next month or so for a doc visit. The crosses I think I can ID with some likelyhood are a WJG/BO and RIR/SLW or CCM (sex link chicks!)

If you don't find something you like in a month or so I'll have Americuna type EE's, BAs, RIRs. CCMs, BRs and SLWs bred true.

Back
Top Bottom