calling any one from missouri

Does anyone have the 2013 sale calendar for the Keytesville auction?
Last year I know they started up in January. I have a lot of bantam cochins to take to the sale when they start up and need to get my plans made.

Thanks!
Tony

Happy New Year!

I just answered you on the other MO thread but I've got more info...I don't know if they start in January but they are held the second Saturday of every month-don't know why they wouldn't/couldn't start January. Here's a phone number if you want to try calling for more information 660-413-3250 or 660-288-3250

CG

Thanks!

Last edited:
I saw an ad on Craigslist for the first sale of 2013 in Keytesville! It will be held this weekend Jan. 12th and starts at noon.
I will be there and have tons of birds to sell!

i am in missouri... north east

Welcome to BYC
welcome-byc.gif

I'm north central

Greetings from Wayne County in SEMO.
frow.gif

Currently cutting my 'chicken teeth' on hatchery stock and looking to move on to better quality stock in the near future.

Right now we have a few each of BOs, BAs, RIRs, Black Minorcas, EEs, Silver Spangled Hamburgs, and Colombian Wyandottes.

Eventually plan to cull the SSHs, the BMs, the BAs, the RIRs, and the CWs. Would like to add Jersey Giants, more BOs, Dark Cornish, NHs, and a few more EES - all decent quality non-hatchery stock. A few Marans would be nice too, eventually. I like a colorful egg basket.
smile.png
But that is not a priority.

If anyone has any of the breeds listed in the 'would like to add' part and your flock is not hatchery stock, I'd be interested in acquiring some day old chicks this spring, or, if I have a hen go broody, some hatching eggs. I want to begin adding heritage LF to my flock and removing the hatchery stuff.
smile.png

I do not need SQ or SOP birds, but would be interested in birds that have potential within a decent breeding program - in other words, a bird you might cull as an exhibitor/show breeder, might work just fine for me. I just want decent heritage birds to build a good solid flock with. The BOs, NHs, and JGs are particularly high on our list - particularly a BO roo, as I have just pretty much confirmed that a BO cockerel I bought and was told was not hatchery stock and was pure BO, definitely has some Leghorn in him.
rant.gif

Thanks, and howdy!

I am also from Missouri, half way between KC and Joplin. I was wondering if any of you, fellow, Missourians raise Blue Laced Red Wyandottes. I am wanting to get some more to get our starter flock. I would like hens/pullets, baby chicks, and hatching eggs. I would like to come pick them up, and may also need a rooster, as mine seems to be wounded at this point.

Back
Top Bottom