calling any one from missouri

Hearing up to 6 inches of snow Thursday and more weather for few more days.
Winter having a last hurrah (I hope) . Fella came and got them last night so I don't have to worry about keeping them warm. Have 6 more turkey girls and one is nesting now so plenty more to come. Meanwhile the 7 EE + 1 BA chicks seem to be doing great! Got a light on them for extra warmth but mom seems to be handling it just fine. Once the weather looks like it's straightened out I'll open up thier mini-pen in the breed run and let them all mingle.

Sure hope your lilacs are OK - they should be fine, early bloomers handle what we've got coming at us OK. Not going to be brutal cold at least just some hard freezes.

Hey Eden!!!! I am right across post in Roby. I also hope this snow is the last of winter. BTW you mentioned turkeys. Do you sell the eggs? I was looking to tinker around trying to hatch a few for my kids.

Sounds like we might not get the full dumping of snow on us over here... that would be a nice change.
tongue.png

Or not... I just moved and it would probably help if I could figure out where on the map I am now.
he.gif

Last edited:
This weather is downright DUMB. I have some 6 week olds that I want to put outside into the main coop with the adults but, I dont know if I should worry about the freezing nights that we seem to still be having? They are fully feathered... Anybody know if they will be alright?

Guess I spoke too soon. Snowing hard here at the house. I am waiting to put some 7 week olds in the coop also. It is happening this weekend though. Whether they like it or not. LOL

If I can find thier nest I can pop you a couple turkey eggs. Think the one is still laying and I know where she is.
Have a couple I pulled about a week ago when I thought they were duck eggs you're welcome to. Dunno if they're good or not but welcome to them if you wanted to try. Been on the counter and turned.

Have baby chickies out but they are with ma and I still put a heat lamp out.
I wouldn't put your lil guys out without a lamp for heat in this even if they are feathered.
Out of drafts, dry, with hay and a lamp should be OK.

Back
Top Bottom