calling any one from missouri

They look full to me.
Did you see anything move?
Ok you bator experts - day 22 this is what we're looking at. Does this look good or not so much to y'all.
From the school of stuff eggs under a broody, chicks pop out like toast.
This candling stuff is new to me - so clue would be usefull if ya got a spare one.... Thanks!

SOMEBODY stop the rain PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!

Can't believe this like almost a week long. Come on wheres the compasion. Mother Nature gonna drowned everything.

Meaties are in a mud pit now. Even though I put slatted flooring down for them in the A frame. Hoping guinea nest is high enough in the brush they don't float. Can't do much anywhere cuz its too wet. Hoping all that going to JC are having better weather than here.

On a good note Having great hatching and some new feather feet. Even a black I would of never suspected snuck an egg in there somehow. Stopped collecting Guinea eggs last nite. Hens been using somewhere else to nest. figured I'd better. If they each lay even a small clutch I'll be over 200 eggs real soon. Between mine and broody girls. Have 80 cooking and 16 more to add tomorrow.
47 ish in broody nest and thats the ones I know about
th.gif

Another good note i have got connected with some slat flooring. All plastice and locks in place. Free cuz thats all I can afford after feeding chickens LOL. Recycleing has its perks. Thinking I am going to save ALOT of $$$ converting barn since I will only need solid walls near doorways. Theres 2 sizes 1-1/2 ftx2 and 2 x 2. Easy to make section sizes I want. And easier to clean thanalot of thinks. Pop em up scrap with skidsteer replace done.

Anyway talk to everyone later. I got <2 sleep last nite nappy time
Same here. The road was flooded this morning and a tree fell over it. Tree moved now. but we are expecting more rain tonight and saturday. Anymore and we wont be able to get out!

They look full to me.
Did you see anything move?
Think in one...maybe.
Had one I thought looked fine for lock down that exploded rotten too -
sickbyc.gif

so what do I know! LOL! Nada about this. 3 weeks from day set - counting the day or not? set on a Thurs so hatch day is thurs too or Fri?
Just figgured by now be a pip at least.
Argggghhhh so much easier letting a broody handle it.

South KC was soaked this morning with another 4 inches of rain... making that over 6 inches in the last 24 hours... This is the first time I have ever had standing water in the run. I've got a lot of straw and grass clippings in there, so... it's not as muddy as it could be... but it's still a sopping wet mess. Poor girls...

Dear Mom...

My foot is wet... and I hate it...

Love,
Zoe

Dearest mother,

These outdoor roosts are high and dry... Thank you for putting them here, I simply adore them.

Love,
Yolanda

Hey Mom,

This nest box is warm and dry, and our coop is also nice and dry, and I just wanted to thank you for scooping it and keeping it clean for us. I know I speak for us all when I say we appreciate it.

Love,
Inara

Last edited:
South KC was soaked this morning with another 4 inches of rain... making that over 6 inches in the last 24 hours... This is the first time I have ever had standing water in the run. I've got a lot of straw and grass clippings in there, so... it's not as muddy as it could be... but it's still a sopping wet mess. Poor girls...

Dear Mom...

My foot is wet... and I hate it...

Love,
Zoe

Dearest mother,

These outdoor roosts are high and dry... Thank you for putting them here, I simply adore them.

Love,
Yolanda

Hey Mom,

This nest box is warm and dry, and our coop is also nice and dry, and I just wanted to thank you for scooping it and keeping it clean for us. I know I speak for us all when I say we appreciate it.

Love,
Inara

OMG I love these!!!

I just float teasted 2. Both floated with the top above water like where the airsack is... Ok?? So confused. Of course my slippery hands dropped one and now it's cracked... Maybe helped the little guy out??? Yeah, right. :(

Back
Top Bottom