calling any one from missouri

I am smack dab in the middle of the state. Just started with chicks and right now I am trying to figure out if my babies like missouri rain or not.
Ummm no. Hope the babies have shelter to get out of the rain and wet chill. A hen would protect them from that - you have to be the hen's replacement. Got some rain here in the Ozarks this morning too.

I am smack dab in the middle of the state. Just started with chicks and right now I am trying to figure out if my babies like missouri rain or not.
Ummm no. Hope the babies have shelter to get out of the rain and wet chill. A hen would protect them from that - you have to be the hen's replacement. Got some rain here in the Ozarks this morning too.

yeah you would think we would be smart as to at least get some money upfront but when they bought 45 silkies from us we figured we would go ahead and get them without payment first. I know I know dumb me. My first clue should have been right before they left they said they had about just as many Black Copper Marans and everyone of them died. Don't get me wrong we have lost a lot and we have had to adjust a lot of things but I don't think we have ever lost 50 chicks all with in a few days when they were chicks unless it was due to an animal getting in and eating them. Oh well we live and we learn. Good thing we are going to the Swap Meet this Saturday. I am hoping we sell most of them. In total we have about 200 chicks in brooders on the inside and we just moved about 50 chicks outside to the tractor last night.

LOVING the rain here!!! It got pretty crazy last night, lots of lightening!!!! But it's just lite rain now. We need it for our pastures. Saw 3 wild turkey hens taking about 20 babies for a walk in my yard this morning. Good to know we got good hatch this Spring! Plus all the wildlife keeps the predators away from my yard! Going to finally use my big incubator. I am picking up 30 silkie eggs on Sunday! I am so excited. Got 4 GL Brahmas out and 4 more pipped! These will be sold, as I dont need another breed here. But I won the eggs, so I figured there was someone out there who would want them!

I don't really mind the rain except for we have no place to build in it.
big_smile.png
Well I can build in it I just can't use the power tools in it.

Ummm no.  Hope the babies have shelter to get out of the rain and wet chill.  A hen would protect them from that - you have to be the hen's replacement.  Got some rain here in the Ozarks this morning too.

We have them in a coop, I let them out and when it started to rain they went under our coop (our coop is raised about 2ft)
If it continues all day I will see about putting them in the coop

We have rabbit with babies up there and if we run a saw up there they will go crazy and stomp their babies. We are building a new barn so until that one get done we have been cutting things on the deck and then assembling the stuff in the house. It's nice to be able to assemble the stuff in the house though because it is so much cooler.

I know someone asked like 4 days ago about the Marshfield swap meet and where it is, sorry I just saw you asked or I would have answered sooner.

Marshfield Saddle club
1/8 mile off of hwy A on Commerce Rd

The Second Saturday of each month from March-September or October (I don't really remember the last month they hold it.)

There are usually signs to help direct you but warning they are really small and low to the ground.

For anyone interested. I am selling the Gold Laced Brahmas I am hatching today. These are Dan Powell line, and sell on Greenfire for $149 each un sexed. I am selling these $15 each un sexed. Pick up only! I will post pics as soon as the hatch is over. So far 8 are out and last 3 are pipped!

Back
Top Bottom