calling any one from missouri

Before you put down any more of them, try Corid in their water. Here is a link to the dosing info:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/818879/updated-corid-and-amprol-amprolium-dosing

It might be coccidiosis, which is easily treated with amprolium (Corid), which you can buy at tractor supply or most farm supply stores in the liquid or powder form. It isn't very expensive, and it might save your birds. I'd get it in their water right away.
I was wondering if it could be that...... I always used Med. feed will that stop them from getting coccidiosis ????? their stool also looks normal .... thanks for the link... I'll do some more reading...If I put meds. in their water I'll need to change to non-med. feed right???
The ones I culled were so weak it was a mercy kill,Even after I had been hand feeding warm mush with sugar water....
sad.png

Thanks for the reply...... I've never had trouble with them after they get this big.... I'm at a loss

Last edited:
I was wondering if it could be that...... I always used Med. feed will that stop them from getting coccidiosis ????? their stool also looks normal .... thanks for the link... I'll do some more reading...If I put meds. in their water I'll need to change to non-med. feed right???
The ones I culled were so weak it was a mercy kill,Even after I had been hand feeding warm mush with sugar water....
sad.png

Thanks for the reply...... I've never had trouble with them after they get this big.... I'm at a loss

That info is over my head. I do know if your medicating your hens don't feed medicated feed. Hope for the best for ya. Keep us updated please, Incase we run into the same thing.

You can dose them at the moderate dose while still feeding medicated feed. I got this information from a vet as I had a severe case of coccidiosis when we had really wet soil here (you know... after lots of rain, like now). Mine were also older, and I was surprised that it hit so severely. It's worth a try. Sometimes, they may also develop another virus or illness, and the coccidiosis just finishes them off by weakening them further. If the Corid does nothing for them after a few days, and there is no improvement... time for another approach.

Are there any other symptoms?

You can dose them at the moderate dose while still feeding medicated feed. I got this information from a vet as I had a severe case of coccidiosis when we had really wet soil here (you know... after lots of rain, like now). Mine were also older, and I was surprised that it hit so severely. It's worth a try. Sometimes, they may also develop another virus or illness, and the coccidiosis just finishes them off by weakening them further. If the Corid does nothing for them after a few days, and there is no improvement... time for another approach.

Are there any other symptoms?
I'm going to get meds. in the a.m....Hope it works,everything was going great !!!! And then I noticed a slw would wobble when she walked,then sit down,try to walk/wobble,sit down...... would try to eat,but just couldn't get around good enough to do it... so sad !!! other then that they look really good eyes are clear and shiny,they even sit and clean their feathers..... I've had more trouble this year with chicks
th.gif
makes you very humble,just when you think you have a handle on it .....

I'm going to get meds. in the a.m....Hope it works,everything was going great !!!! And then I noticed a slw would wobble when she walked,then sit down,try to walk/wobble,sit down...... would try to eat,but just couldn't get around good enough to do it... so sad !!!  other then that they look really good eyes are clear and shiny,they even sit and clean their feathers..... I've had more trouble this year with chicks :th makes you very humble,just when you think you have a handle on it .....  
[/

How old are they?

Back
Top Bottom