calling any one from missouri

I am hoping to get some seeds started in the basement in the next week. Last time I planted seeds directly in the garden and the heavy rains washed them away. Then I want to start building my hugelkulture (?). I've got some long skinny trees that I pulled out along the edge of the septic pond -- I am going to put those into my deep mud trenches where I had my truck stuck. Then I'll build on those. I'll have to get soil delivered though...

I feed all of my birds the Country Lane All Flock from Orscheln's also. It's a 16% crumble. They run out of it fairly often though and end up getting the Nutrena All Flock 18% pellets. Lately I've been getting extra bags and let them ride around in the truck until I need it. I am not concerned with the protein percentages though as they get a lot of extras and free ranging for insects. They seem to prefer the crumbles.

If you like the Nutrena brand better, Orscheln's usually has coupons near the register. The Country Lane you might find coupons in the chick days pamphlets -- they had them last year.
Dang. . I never see any coupons :(
I'll ask next time! I would buy the lower protein stuff if I could free range more. But I have to keep a watchful eye on those little call ducks. I'm too a skeered a hawk will grab them up:hmm
Besides I like them being fat and round :gig
20180311_173543-1.jpg

Coupons? They always seem to expire before I use them. After reading on this site I pick the higher protein as well as mine haven't been out much. Once my run is done maybe they and the dogs can get used to each other and I will be able to let them out to roam the yard with me out there. I'm locking the pups inside to let them out on nice days at the moment. I will also clip the girls wings.

Dang. . I never see any coupons :(
I'll ask next time! I would buy the lower protein stuff if I could free range more. But I have to keep a watchful eye on those little call ducks. I'm too a skeered a hawk will grab them up:hmm
Besides I like them being fat and round :gigView attachment 1300808

The pamphlet is one they give out during chick days. My Orscheln didn't have them yet when I was in there a week ago. The back of the booklet has coupons.

Been getting a bit of rain here too. I didn't think it rained much, but there's a lot of water standing in the yard -- mostly around the coop and yard where I had trenched to bury the hardware cloth. I'm going to have to do a lot of filling in where the ducks and chickens have dug up around the outside.

So ready to clean that filthy coop and get to all the other stuff that needs doing.

These are a few of the chicks I hatched in the incubator:
IMG_4234 Soot and Eve.JPG

Soot (4 months) & Eve (5 months)
IMG_4259.JPG

Some of the boys - 4 months

We only got about 1/4" of rain off and on, sometimes heavy. I let the chickens all out, to make their own decisions about weather, including the new youngsters, who actually know to come in out of the rain! They go inside in the evening too without a fuss, unlike previous batches. They are 6 wks and I still can't tell which are cockerels. This one I call Fritzi. He/she is whiter than the rest w light blue feet.
friti 6 wk (3 of 1).jpg

We only got about 1/4" of rain off and on, sometimes heavy. I let the chickens all out, to make their own decisions about weather, including the new youngsters, who actually know to come in out of the rain! They go inside in the evening too without a fuss, unlike previous batches. They are 6 wks and I still can't tell which are cockerels. This one I call Fritzi. He/she is whiter than the rest w light blue feet.
View attachment 1303499

OMG I love him/her :love-- so cute with that hairdo! Pretty coloring too. I want it :oops:

View attachment 1303499

How adorable.

Back
Top Bottom