calling any one from missouri

speaking of bird housing, how’s your project coming?

It's been side tracked by making cold frames and other wood working and house repair projects. I did finally take the intake manifold off of Rusty and replace the knock sensors and knock sensor wiring harness after the wood rats ate the wires off again. Knock sensors are under the black rubber caps and there should be wires coming out of the center.

engine.jpg throttle body.jpg

JT

Last edited:
It's been side tracked by making cold frames and other wood working and house repair projects. I did finally take the intake manifold off of Rusty and replace the knock sensors and knock sensor wiring harness after the wood rats ate the wires off again. Knock sensors are under the black rubber caps and there should be wires coming out of the center.

View attachment 2036683View attachment 2036684

JT

Destructive little buggers aren’t they!

I think I’m wood rat free at the moment ( I know that just jinxed it, lol) but I’ve been battling mice in the attic lately :sick ...

Your post reminded me ... my truck was turning over slow so I tested the battery and noticed some acorn shells and mouse poops under the battery, I saw no chewed wires thankfully ...

The truck sleeps outside in the drive, so I keep a suet feeder with those green bait blocks in it under the hood ... so I refreshened that and moved it right near the battery...

The battery charged up fine but dropped to 65% over night... so my wife took it to town and the fella at the parts store installed a new battery for her...

Your post reminded me that I should go look to make sure they got the bait holder secured back properly, otherwise with my luck it’ll get over into the fan or something!

I keep a suet feeder with those green bait blocks in it under the hood

Do you have a photo of that setup?

I made some rat bait stations to keep from killing any more of my neighbors cats, seems they were fond of it. :( Good thing she had way too many cats and is very understanding and a good friend. I've had a bit of nibbling going on in one, but I think my previous baiting has cleared them out. Found some rat bones in the wood pile this morning.
rat-bait-station-01.jpg rat-bait-station-02.jpg

I used some wire to hang the bait under the hood of my van and Rusty the truck.
rat-bait-01.jpg rat-bait-02.jpg

Yea them buggers are really destructive... my van.
rats-02.jpg

JT

Here ya go...

Hmm, I have a couple of those... I kept seeing in my mind the ones we use with the wood roof and bottom and divider so not much cage.

I think I saw an American Kestrel take out a male Cardinal a couple of weeks ago, just found another male Cardinal 4' from the chicken yard fence with it's breast ripped out... I'm assuming it's the same Kestrel.

JT

Back
Top Bottom