calling any one from missouri

I haven't seen any snakes so far this spring.....at least none alive. Did find one dead one on the road. Which is probably why we have so many voles this year.

Adorable birds @SueT.
I wish the snakes here would get busy on eliminating the voles or moles or whatever is tearing up our yard. It’s ridiculous!!

I keep finding tunnels accessing my run, plus our Jack Russell mix is wearing herself out digging up the little varmints. The ones she is killing this spring are HUGE with at least 5 inches of body and fat!

She's brought me a couple of moles also. They are larger than usual, too.

Very few rabbits though. I usually encounter at least one nest while mowing and the dogs find a few but this year I've seen one young rabbit this year.

At first I thought the hawks were dealing with them and they well could of over the winter. But the red tails that were screaming all over a month ago are now nowhere to be seen.

Only Vultures soaring overhead.

I keep finding tunnels accessing my run, plus our Jack Russell mix is wearing herself out digging up the little varmints. The ones she is killing this spring are HUGE with at least 5 inches of body and fat!

She's brought me a couple of moles also. They are larger than usual, too.

Very few rabbits though. I usually encounter at least one nest while mowing and the dogs find a few but this year I've seen one young rabbit this year.

At first I thought the hawks were dealing with them and they well could of over the winter. But the red tails that were screaming all over a month ago are now nowhere to be seen.

Only Vultures soaring overhead.

to get a good crop of cottontails you need to seed the briars with crushed egg shells a week after Easter... at least according to the folklore 😉

in about 12 weeks I might have a well trained mouser for you if’n a cat is an acceptable solution...

we’re not counting our mousers before they ‘hatch’ though 😉
We had 2 mousers but the female just passed away a week ago. Now the male hardly wants to go outside. I think he is grieving for his sister. Or/and he may have decided it's too hot out.
But he used to spend most of his time outside before his sister passed away. She was the one the vet couldn't figure out what was wrong with her but she just kept losing weight. Yes, the treated her for parasites, but it didn't help any.

We had 2 mousers but the female just passed away a week ago. Now the male hardly wants to go outside. I think he is grieving for his sister. Or/and he may have decided it's too hot out.
But he used to spend most of his time outside before his sister passed away. She was the one the vet couldn't figure out what was wrong with her but she just kept losing weight. Yes, the treated her for parasites, but it didn't help any.

i’m trying to feel sad for you... but we signed up for one cat that became seven... so I’m only hearing “needs new cat” from everyone right now 😳

I’m kidding though... I know it’s tough to loose a pet... Hope the fella cat will adjust

I can do that!

okay, so now you have to follow the directions and let the rest of us know if it works! 😉

I just had a turtle against the house, two days ago... lore says turn it anti-clockwise twice and that will keep the ticks away...

I did it just as directed, but was in the middle of painting so I gave him a racing stripe of dark brown ( pretty close to ‘forest service’ brown)... hope that didn’t upset the magic 😉

Last edited:
I little chicken keeping tip for anyone collecting tips of the sort... don’t plant a mulberry tree where you plan to have a chicken coop 45 yea
we have a couple old mulberry trees inI

okay, so now you have to follow the directions and let the rest of us know if it works! 😉

I just had a turtle against the house, two days ago... lore says turn it anti-clockwise twice and that will keep the ticks away...

I did it just as directed, but was in the middle of painting so I gave him a racing stripe of dark brown ( pretty close to ‘forest service’ brown)... hope that didn’t upset the magic 😉
Drunk again?
You messed up your mulberry story.

20200605_185343.jpg

Drunk again?
You messed up your mulberry story.

I can’t even blame the cat this time, lol

she’s keeping the wee-cats well on the front porch while I keep running off possums and raccoons from the backyard...

I was trying to say:
I little chicken keeping tip for anyone collecting tips of the sort... don’t plant a mulberry tree where you plan to have a chicken coop 45 years later... as if will draw the chicken eaters faster than a ‘free biscuit’ sign....

or something like that... I’ve been rousting raccoons and jousting possums and trying to participate on Ralphie’s bee thread...its been a bit of a ‘whack a mole’ evening,LoL

Back
Top Bottom