calling any one from missouri

I think if you look real close it has some very dark sunglasses on...

JT

You saw that too, huh? I’m sure those are for communicating with the mother ship or something... I always knew the aliens were coming for me eventually... I just didn’t expect them in July 😳

0540DBD0-1E77-48BE-947E-EC13C2DE7172.jpeg

Do any of you know if tomatillos grow naturally in Missouri?
I swear I found a plant growing wild on the edge of our woods. Same flower same everything!!Even has tiny tomatillos on it 😳

I don’t know... unless birds spread some seeds maybe?

You might look up ‘horse nettle’...

my MIL sent a picture yesterday asking ‘what’s this’? ... and it was a horse nettle ( we call it ‘wild night shade’)

There are a couple varieties and they are very ‘tomitillo’ looking to me but no husk ... and have little fruit that look like little yellow tomatoes... they are in the night shade family like tomatoes, but are poisonous

Edit: also I found something on the power line last year that had a husk on it ... it was called a ‘ground cherry’ but I don’t recall what it looked like other than the husk... but that might be something to look into also

Last edited:
Wait a second... I just googled ‘missouri ground cherry’ and saw the pic of the flower...

I think @shawluvsbirds had this in her yard last year... I remember thinking it looked like an okra flower ... maybe it wasn’t shaw... but it seems like someone on this thread

This link calls them ‘wild tomatillos’
https://nature.mdc.mo.gov/discover-nature/field-guide/common-ground-cherry
Yep I had something like that and I remember us talking about it. Not sure what we ever decided it was. 😄

Back
Top Bottom