today's pics
The Sprights all have blue feet. Here are R2d2 and Princess Laia
R2 Aug 7.jpg Princess Laia Aug 7.jpg
lilies.jpg Surprise!
morning tea.jpg daughter w her 3 pets
conjoined squash
conjoined.jpg

We just got a bit of rain here...

We went to Cape Girardeau yesterday to get the Honda serviced. After that on my relentless search for some more 1" x 1" cage wire for the Cinnamon Queens run we went to TSC but all they had was a roll of 1" x 2" which I have some of that. The wife said how far is Stone's from here? It's in Perryville about 35 minutes from here... so we headed to Perryville to get some brats and sweet baloney and cheese curds. When we got there we discovered a Buchheit's store on 51. So after getting our goodies we stopped in there to see what they had.

Much to our surprise they had 2 rolls of 1" x 1" x 24" cage wire 25' long :wee which is enough to finish the run. I also found a couple of rolls of hardware cloth and some 3/4" fence staples.

cage-wire.jpg

JT

I have never even heard of Buchheit.
But isn't it nice when things work out and actually go your way once in a while? Lol.

They have a store in Jackson and maybe other places, like a huge Orschelns but used to have free popcorn...

https://buchheits.com/about-us/locations

Like they say even a blind mouse gets the cheese once in a while...

JT

Anyone else enjoy bringing in some surprise lilies this time of year?
To me they smell like honeysuckle..
I Luv luv luv it. (Even if it gives me a headache. It's totally worth it) View attachment 2283754
Yes we have them here! And noticing them appearing where homes used to be along the highway. Surprise lilies will outlive us all!!!

Yes we have them here! And noticing them appearing where homes used to be along the highway. Surprise lilies will outlive us all!!!
Yes they will.
They are very hard to remove if they are in a spot you don't want them.
There were some surprise lilies where we were going to build the deck. I tried to dig them up and move them but there were so many bulbs! it was just impossible to get every single one you would have needed a tractor to do it.
to this day we will still get one once in a while come up under the deck and poke its head through the boards.

We have quite a few surprise lilies, I’ve been transplanting them the last several years from along the sidewalk to random places around the yard...

some folks call these ‘naked lady’ lilies... so I like to proclaim ‘Look at that naked lady!’ if we see some of these while driving, lol

202A40B3-5302-4B7D-8F6B-D4F1E7FA669F.jpeg

The turkey was admiring them too
F4329EB9-32BA-4FF9-9785-FEE69B86D0D3.jpeg

The kittens like to play among the stems
E3502DED-1C3A-4B5B-9517-A4D2C31E0D1F.jpeg

Anyone else enjoy bringing in some surprise lilies this time of year?
To me they smell like honeysuckle..
I Luv luv luv it. (Even if it gives me a headache. It's totally worth it) View attachment 2283754

If I put my sniffer on them the smell is too strong and almost has a moth ball scent to me... but from a distance as the breeze wafts them across the yard I like them

Back
Top Bottom