calling any one from missouri

Yes we have them here! And noticing them appearing where homes used to be along the highway. Surprise lilies will outlive us all!!!

I was traveling along highway 60 between springfield and Winona in April and kept seeing antique irises in the median ... I think back in the day there were a lot of old houses and shacks along the road in ‘string towns’ ... and those were torn down to make the highways... but the flowers still tell the histories and mysteries 😉

I’ve noticed the same thing with iris, daffodils and surprise lilies a lot on highway 36 across northern Missouri too, and a couple places along 1-44, which I’d guess were parts of the original Route 66

No surprise lilies but I picked Glads today and brought them in. They were so head heavy they were dragging on the ground and they are calling for rain here most of the week.

Hi y'all. Everyone staying healthy?

I've got two hens sitting on eggs right now and 7 9 week olds bossing everyone around. My Fayoumis are finally starting to cross with my Amish barnyard/OEGB birds and the results are interesting to say the least.

No surprise lilies but I picked Glads today and brought them in. They were so head heavy they were dragging on the ground and they are calling for rain here most of the week.

Hi y'all. Everyone staying healthy?

I've got two hens sitting on eggs right now and 7 9 week olds bossing everyone around. My Fayoumis are finally starting to cross with my Amish barnyard/OEGB birds and the results are interesting to say the least.
any pics of your Fayoumis mix?
Yes healthy here. My daughter (who just travelled from OR) and I actually went and got tested for Covid Thurs and were negative. So far, so good.

Yeah, I do, getting ready to go out and do evening feeding. I'll post them when I get back.

Congratulations on the negative, Sue. I'm immuno-challenged thanks to treatment that I'm on for Osteoporosis and Serum negative RA so I have been off the property 6 times since January, and then masked. Do I like it? No but I like not getting sick more.

IMG_2708.JPG

You can see the coloring on these three although I seemed to have caught two of them working on new pin feathers. This clutch was the 3 Fayoumi/Amish Barnyard/OEGB. I'm hoping to get a higher degree of Marek's resistance out of them. The two cockerels are Fayoumi crosses and two pullets, one being the little SDW. She hangs out with them most of the time.

IMG_2709.JPG

Close up of the largest cockerel and the pullet. Yes, I know, the comb looks red, she is a pullet. Fayoumis mature faster. The little cockerel on the left started crowing at 7 weeks. Two weeks later than my Fayoumi rooster Tut who started rasping out a crow at just under 5 weeks.

The breeding stock came from Murray McMurray hatchery. One chick died shortly after arrival and I lost a hen earlier this spring who had never really thrived. Not that thrilled over that. I want to pick up some more pure bred birds next spring but if I go with Cackle, I can only get straight run and I'd rather have some control over what I get as I'm rooster rich now.

I'm hoping I don't run out of roost, they will be 15 weeks old Wednesday and it looks like they have 2'-3' of roost left. I put the padding and carpet runner in the nest box yesterday and a couple of fake eggs but not sure if anyone noticed it or not.

View attachment 2284530

JT
You may have to add another roost JT. Unless it all decide they like to snuggle.

Dang! Why didn't I get any alerts?? For two pages not even a "so-and-so" replied to the MO thread?? Urgg!
And JT I think Shaw is right, your girls are looking a little bit squished........ Sad news every body...... One of my cinnamon queens flew the coop and got killed by a twerpy little fox 30 minutes ago.:hitI am quite disappointed because she was a very good little layer, about 6 a week.

Back
Top Bottom