calling any one from missouri

Yeah, Yeah I know its been a while.😜 Sorry I don't know anything.....how old does grow out mean? And I don't care if they are pet quality. Just as long as they are as fat and cute as a call duck should be! Do you know the genders?
They are all this springs hatch so like.. april-may
And yes. 8 girls 4 boys.

Sigh. DH told me that if I got rid of all my chickens I could have ducks....there are days where I have to admit it is a tempting offer...like when the roosters are trying to kill one another.

@OhZark Biddies Thank you so much for that heads up.

What is going on this summer anyway? Us losing one of our cattle dogs to Pythiosis and now this in cats?

We only have one cat who goes outside for short periods of time. He is 21 and brittle diabetic so it wouldn't take much of an infection to kill him on a good day.

I'm glad your kitty survived. What are the symptoms of this disease?

Sigh. DH told me that if I got rid of all my chickens I could have ducks....there are days where I have to admit it is a tempting offer...like when the roosters are trying to kill one another.

@OhZark Biddies Thank you so much for that heads up.

What is going on this summer anyway? Us losing one of our cattle dogs to Pythiosis and now this in cats?

We only have one cat who goes outside for short periods of time. He is 21 and brittle diabetic so it wouldn't take much of an infection to kill him on a good day.

I'm glad your kitty survived. What are the symptoms of this disease?
Well... If you keep drakes you still have that problem. Lol.
And ducks are messy. But oh so funny and cute and... Idk I've never had chickens so I can't make a fair comparison.

ours was just lethargic and not eating normal at first, but then it got a lot worse the next day and he acted like he was dying

Here’s a better link with symptoms
https://wagwalking.com/cat/condition/cytauxzoonosis#symptoms
Thank you so much. I doubt if the local vet has even heard of this. No idea of Pythiosis and I hear you about the lighter wallets.

Three days for Sidney in the University of Missouri Veterinary Hospital averaged out at over 1000 dollars per day.

I tell ya guys, these doctors and the staff were top notch and as expensive as it was that is the place to take your pet if you are fighting for their lives. Sometimes you lose the battle like we did with Sid but we knew they gave her the best chance at survival.

Okay since we talking pets and bugs… here’s my PSA for all of you Missouri people with cats…

we just went through a week of having a very sick cat, due to a tick bite, and a very nasty disease called “Cytauxzoonosis”

we used frontline on our cats, but they still get bit with that… so we’re looking at a different solution going forward …

but this disease is pretty much a death sentence without medical treatment, and even with treatment it’s only 40-60% treatable

We caught it really early, but our cat was still given only a 50/50 chance… he was at the vet for 8 days , and for about 6 of those it could have gone either way… and while he was in there another cat that came in with the same thing died in just a few days

fortunately ours survived and he’s back home today, but our bank account came away bleeding 🙄

anyway… we’d never heard of it before this… and didn’t realize the risk… so I thought I’d pass along the ‘heads up’

https://www.merckvetmanual.com/circulatory-system/blood-parasites/cytauxzoonosis
Bobcat fever? My neighbor had a cat get that a few years ago. He didn’t survive. It was really sad.

It’s a chilly foggy sunrise this morning....
This is the kitten that showed up a week ago, starving and full of fleas. I was afraid he was sick because he slept so much. Now he’s full of food, full of energy, no more fleas. He has gained weight and gotten shiny. Daughter named him Oliver, “Ollie.” He loves the dogs and rassles with the terrier.
CC0A2697-E6BB-47C9-9B25-766B56299D21.jpeg

7AA74E21-1F47-4A1F-84C5-55877FA8D681.jpeg
He’s got his first vet appt today.

Good morning. Same thing here. Where is summer anyway?

Ollie is adorable. We have a half Siamese cat who is 21 years old and diabetic for 5 years. His name is Johnny Cash, the Man in Black. Yep, as black as Ollie and quiet the character even at 21.
It’s back to the 90’s tomorrow and Thursday. Be careful what you wish for. 🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom