calling any one from missouri

It holds 4 dozen eggs, I have a carton for medium, large, extra large and jumbo.

No refrigeration is needed if you don't wash the eggs.

JT
I have heard that, but ... for how long? The USDA says that washed, refrigerated eggs are good for 100 days. That's three months and ten days, approximately.

I have found that re not refrigerating eggs, if the house is really warm in the summer, the eggs (which are fertile) look like they are beginning to develop, maybe not veins, but the disc changes. So I refrigerate in hot weather …..
re all those rare breed hatching eggs, you can get individual breed eggs from Greenfire farms, all those breeds. You wouldn’t have to get a mixture of giant and tiny eggs.

I have heard that, but ... for how long? The USDA says that washed, refrigerated eggs are good for 100 days. That's three months and ten days, approximately.
Also, my eggs are not fertile... no roosters here.

I could see fertile eggs developing when the temperature gets hot... hmm a chicken is 105-107°F so it would have to be pretty hot I assume.

Eggs don't last very long around here maybe a month at the most. If we have more than we can eat we give them away.

JT

I took this last summer. It was in the 80’s in our kitchen, so not enuf to incubate eggs, but this is what they looked like, and the discs had enlarged from what we see in newly laid.
E8790F1E-BCF0-4F3F-AF86-0FD3A857C18A.jpeg
I now keep them on the counter a week, in case we want to hatch any, and then refrigerate.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom