calling any one from missouri

I like those for frying wasp.

I goggled diy fly repellant and supposedly they hate the aroma of citrus fruit cloves and cinnamon.
It seems like this is helping a little bit.
They are still buzzing around, but there are less flies landing on the table.
Smells good too.
It would probably work better indoors. Out here in the open the aroma can't build up like it would inside. View attachment 3529224
What kinda gypsy voodoo is this? 😝

They are also not a fan of Irish Spring soap. In fact a lot of things don't like it's smell, and you can hide them around in your bushes or what not.

Have you tried this, and it worked?

For 30+ years I’ve heard to use Irish Spring to keep deer away, mice away, bugs away… the tax man away, the Lutherans away, and on and on.

It’s ALWAYS Irish Spring!

Never Dial, never Dove, never LifeBouy.

I always wonder where this came from, and why just Irish Spring 🤔

Last edited:
What kinda gypsy voodoo is this? 😝
seeta aur geeta bollywood GIF

They are also not a fan of Irish Spring soap. In fact a lot of things don't like it's smell, and you can hide them around in your bushes or what not.
Um, yes, except then *I* can smell it! :sick
My DH was using it ... I switched him to Safeguard, much better! I have heard of hanging IS soap in your fruit trees to keep deer away.

…That stuff is nauseatingly sweet. I can not hug my DH if he has showered with it. Makes me want to puke. And I am not even Lutheran! :lau

That’s the part that trips the nonsense-o-meter!

Deer like sweet stuff, mice like sweet stuff, bugs like sweet stuff… and according to my heavily worn copy of ‘Field guide to churches and livestock auctions in Missouri”… even Lutherans like sweet stuff.

But yet folks exclaim the wondrous repellent properties of this one particular sweet smelling soap? 🤔

Last edited:
Once my neighbor gave me a bar of Irish Spring to repel mice. She had to buy a multi pack she said and had extra. I cut it in pieces and slid one under the chicken coop. Next morning, the piece was out in front of the coop! The mice had removed it! 🐭

Btw my daughter hangs a bar of Dial in her grapevines, says it keeps the critters out.

Once my neighbor gave me a bar of Irish Spring to repel mice. She had to buy a multi pack she said and had extra. I cut it in pieces and slid one under the chicken coop. Next morning, the piece was out in front of the coop! The mice had removed it! 🐭

Btw my daughter hangs a bar of Dial in her grapevines, says it keeps the critters out.

I tried it in the garden way back when, after first hearing about it. Back then the advice was to hang it in a sock in the garden to keep deer away.

it might have worked for a a few days but the deer didn’t pay any attention to it after they got used to it.

We tried cutting up bars of it and spreading it around in a camper years ago too, to keep away mice. It didn’t keep the mice away, they just chewed on it.

It might work for keeping bugs away, I don’t know. I admit I’ve never tried it for that.

That’s the part that trips the nonsense-o-meter!

Deer like sweet stuff, mice like sweet stuff, bugs like sweet stuff… and according to my heavily worn copy of ‘Field guide to churches and livestock auctions in Missouri”… even Lutherans like sweet stuff.

But yet folks pop up out of the woodwork to exclaim the wondrous repellent properties of this one particular sweet smelling soap? 🤔
The verdict on the voodoo orange is...
it sort of worked. I think it was more the cloves than the orange.
I left them out and the next morning i squeezed them a bit to get a bit more of the orange scent going again

Then i noticed the flies going down in the bowl to get to the orange juice. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom