calling any one from missouri

Sorry Joelle. It was an hour drive for me. But beautiful drive so well worth it. I have taken my extra roos to the Amish in Clark to have them butchered also. Do you have any Amish near you?

We talked about doing the State Fair but our school starts the 19th and the poultry part is the week before. Too close together. We might try next year but I would like to go see all the birds.

Let all our birds out to free range early today since its gonna be 100. Thought the shade trees and water bowls in the yard would help. Yuck- it is nasty out today.

Got a lead on a pair of mille fleur d'uccles. I will let you know.

Missy

Man, I could have done a late poultry entry, I found out, but only if I'd paid an entry fee by August 2nd with a 'late fee'. I'd e-mailed the state fair site August 1st, but got the response August 2nd at 4pm that late entries were due that day. Then, after thinking I'd just scan the entry and e-mail it, I was dismayed that my scanner wasn't working properly last evening. I could have faxed it in from work yesterday if I'd known in time. *Sigh* I guess unless they make an exception since I'd initiated the contact August 1st, I'll just have to watch and learn. That might be a good idea anyway, and then maybe I can enter the Fall Poultry show that is held in Sedalia.

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
Neighbor! I am in the Trenton area and was born and raised in Milan.

Teddi-

My son loves the Mille Fleurs. He has had them on his lap all morning. They are quite lovely and have gentle personalities. Thanks a bunch. They are in good hands.

Missy

Quote:
After the judging is done, you can put a small tag on the cage of the birds you want to sell and have a phone number or the price. or ask someone who the birds belong to. What are you looking for. My daughter will be selling her royal palm turkeys(cock and pullet) and her geese(white chinese, pilgrim) and black cuaga ducks. I dont know how much she wants for them.

Quote:
Yes, I had originally planned on keeping them for myself as cute as they are, but I knew I made the right decision to sell them to you when they decided you were a great perch and they appeared right at home. I will call you 'She who d'uccles adore, mother of son who d'uccles adore'. I was really impressed with how gently your son handled them. He was so careful, and I could tell they sensed he would take good care of them. Now you are going to have to start posting on the 'D'uccle thread'.
smile.png

I'm hoping to consolidate some of my coops and cages by winter, since I'll have to deal with freezing water then. It's nice to meet another chicken enabler. I am going to split an order of large fowl chicks with someone so I can start getting a few large eggs again, since two of my girls went broody, and my husband misses the large eggs. I'm such a sucker for deciding to let them hatch me more chicks. See? It's chicken math, reduce your numbers by two, so you can get 8 more!

I was reading some other threads about how to keep chickens cool. Anyone have any great ideas? I have one light brahma that gets wheezy in the excess heat. I plan to put her inside when we leave on vacation. I have been letting them out a lot to keep under the shade trees and have been giving lots of fresh water. I read about putting misters in the house too. Let's just hope this heat ends soon.

Back
Top Bottom