calling any one from missouri

Teddi- I have a brahma that suffers in the heat. We try and run hose water on her when we can and have even put her in the house if we have periods of heat. Not sure why they have that issue, maybe their size.

Quote:
I wonder! She is THE biggest hen I have, and she is super fluffy too. She seemed better tonight. Not as much gulping for air. I really need to clean the coop so they're not gulping tons of dust. Time has been so scarce which is why I am trying to cut down my chicken numbers. When the chicken hobby becomes too much work rather than play it's time to decrease my backyard population. I already work 40+ hrs a week, plus 80 minutes of driving every work day. I'm going to limit myself to one bantam breed- D'uccles-two colors, and one large fowl breed. After these speckled Sussex grow up I'll figure out who's a better fit for my lifestyle: The Jersey's or the Speckled Sussex.

Just a reminder that the Stover swap is this weekend starting tomorrow and ending on Sunday. Anyone going? I am sure gonna try to make it to pick up a few more birds and maybe a rabbit or two, etc.

um I think I have a problem. I have 58 chicks in the basement
lol.png

2 showgirls
7 BLRW (12 more hatching)
9 LT sussex
5 banty polish
10 LF laced polish
12 silkies
3 lav orps
3 seramas
7 mixes
oh 3 ducks
and some giant frizzle cochins hatcing

and about 100 more in the incubator ( 25 are turkey eggs for my brother so those don't count ) right
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom