calling any one from missouri

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by missourichickenmama, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Missy3b

Missy3b Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    Central Missouri
    Teddi- I have a brahma that suffers in the heat. We try and run hose water on her when we can and have even put her in the house if we have periods of heat. Not sure why they have that issue, maybe their size.

2. teddiliza

teddiliza Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I wonder! She is THE biggest hen I have, and she is super fluffy too. She seemed better tonight. Not as much gulping for air. I really need to clean the coop so they're not gulping tons of dust. Time has been so scarce which is why I am trying to cut down my chicken numbers. When the chicken hobby becomes too much work rather than play it's time to decrease my backyard population. I already work 40+ hrs a week, plus 80 minutes of driving every work day. I'm going to limit myself to one bantam breed- D'uccles-two colors, and one large fowl breed. After these speckled Sussex grow up I'll figure out who's a better fit for my lifestyle: The Jersey's or the Speckled Sussex.

3. gocrow77

gocrow77 Crow's Nest

May 13, 2009
    Central MO
    Just a reminder that the Stover swap is this weekend starting tomorrow and ending on Sunday. Anyone going? I am sure gonna try to make it to pick up a few more birds and maybe a rabbit or two, etc.

4. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    um I think I have a problem. I have 58 chicks in the basement [​IMG]
    2 showgirls
    7 BLRW (12 more hatching)
    9 LT sussex
    5 banty polish
    10 LF laced polish
    12 silkies
    3 lav orps
    3 seramas
    7 mixes
    oh 3 ducks
    and some giant frizzle cochins hatcing

and about 100 more in the incubator ( 25 are turkey eggs for my brother so those don't count ) right [​IMG]

5. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Quote:I wish I could help you with your problem [​IMG] The giant frizzle cochins and the lav orps sound amazing [​IMG]

6. what's kickin' chicken

what's kickin' chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Missouri
    it all depends, how big is your basement ?? [​IMG] (the turkeys don't count)

7. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    what's kickin┬┤chicken :

it all depends, how big is your basement ?? [​IMG] (the turkeys don't count)

[​IMG]

8. stlfam

stlfam Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2011
    St. Louis
    Just wanted to say Hi from Fenton Mo - just south of st. louis

9. what's kickin' chicken

what's kickin' chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Missouri
    srlfam -- [​IMG] Hi [​IMG]

10. Velvet Hairpiece

Velvet Hairpiece Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    Quote:Hello! I'm in Defiance, west of STL near O'Fallon, Lake St. Louis and Wentzville. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by