calling any one from missouri

what's kickin´chicken :

Quote:
Ozark Hen --- was it Denning,AR. ??? I heard today 2 people were killed.(maybe more?)..
sad.png

Yes, you were right that was the name of the town. I am not sure how many were killed. Now poor Sedalia has been hit,too. All too sad​

"The death toll stood at 125 in Joplin, but local officials said as many as 1,500 people were unaccounted for.....Two more people were found alive in the city Tuesday during intensive search and rescue operations that continued under the threat of more storms. But rescuers also pulled seven bodies - including a father and his one and three-year-old sons - from the front end of a wrecked Home Depot in the town"
Its so sad
sad.png

I have been so glued to the news since the Tornado in Joplin. It makes you realize how lucky you are. I can't imagine what those poor people are going through!

I hope are fellow BYCrs are ok in Sedalia. My dad is in a nursing home in Sedalia and finally got a call from them that all is fine. There power was out and phones for sometime but no damage and everyone is safe.

It looks like all is clear for the most part except for a few small popup storms throughout our great state tonight.

Nice to meet everyone and hopefully no one has had any damage from tonight's storm.
sad.png

In the city we didn't see too much, but there was some hail damage.

Soon we will be having a Coop Tour so if anyone is local ....check it out!!

COOP TOUR MEETUP GROUP

I also just created a group on Facebook for Missouri chicken lovers.....feel free to join!!!

MISSOURI CHICKENS

Be careful out there!

We were on lock down today at my school for more than an hour due to tornado warnings. Usually kids don't take these things seriously but with all the tornadoes around us lately, the kids were perfect. We were all a little on edge. Then we heard about Sedalia.

I too am glued to the TV. I was disappointed that Taskforce 1 from Columbia came home already. It was said they leave when it becomes recovery and not rescue. But 1500 missing? I can't wrap my head around that.

Prayers going out to all....................................

Welcome to our new members! I heard, last night, that their statement of 1500 missing from Joplin has changed. They "assume" most of the 1500 are out of the area with family or friends and are safe. But there is still not an actual number as to how many are actually missing. I , too, can't imagine what they are going through. we will all move on with our lives but their lives will be turned upside down for a long time to come.

Back
Top Bottom