calling any one from missouri

Quote:
I will have to come by! No birds to show for me yet, but I will put it on the calendar to come by. I have a few pictures to send you from the hen I got from you, I'll send them today or tomorrow.

Hey zooarch, I am just a few miles NE of Collumbia out in the country where there is no 6 bird limit. I should receive 30 birds tomorrow...unless they come today. I ordered a few setting hens to breed my own layers and thought I might sell a coop/hen/equip combo for the "cityfolk" interested in a turnkey solution. Too bad I am too slow for your needs!

But if you want to get together and talk chickens, that would be great!

And I am WAY not going to the swapmeet...that's like an alcoholic going to the bar.

lcflwt

just found a link for an established flock:
http://columbiamo.craigslist.org/grd/2611060124.html

Last edited:
frow.gif
Hi outdoorlady

Quote:
Hey! I work in Columbia and live about 45 miles north. I love the fact that I don't have any limits on birds either (considering I have 40 right now!). I know Ron, the guy selling the chickens in that ad. He's a real nice guy.

Quote:
Hehehehehe. I think that I'm lucky that there is a 6 bird limit. Otherwise I would be in trouble. I am waiting on some new birds to make it through quarantine and then my flock will be complete. Our coop should be built this weekend and next. I would say that I was surprised at how hard it can be to find someone willing to build a coop. My problem is that often they were either not sturdy enough for winter or to big or little for 6 chickens. The ones that were perfect were often over 4 hours away and that made them basically unfeasible since we don't own anything to haul with. I'm working on my phd so time is pretty limited and fitting the coop building in means I basically go without sleep. Its a good thing that I like my chickens so much.

People looking to go to sedalia for the bird show needing rooms or places to stay. You may want to look at lincon or warsaw by truman lake. It is only 30 mins from the fair grounds just down the highway. There is a super 8 I believe and lots of camping or cabins you could rent to stay in. Just a idea, My mother in law has a house down there and we stay there when we go to the state fair.

Quote:
Update on these chooks, I contacted Ron. He has 8 hens and few roosters and if you buy all 8 hens he will throw in a rooster. They are about 1 year old and are all laying. He's getting rid of them because he's only going to be keeping his bantams.

Back
Top Bottom