Calling Chickens In

yuckyuck.gif

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

My chickens will come to "chookchookchook". Their yard is right outside my bathroom window- and that fast became their personal "drive-thru" window. I toss them treats right out the window, all the time.

That said- it doesnt get them into their coop any faster. They wont go in until they are ready. I joke that they won't go in while I am watching. I have sat out there until it was more dark than not- and they still chase bugs, or resist bedtime. However, if I walk away for just a couple minutes, they will go in sooner.

They must not want me to know where they sleep.
tongue.png

I don't feed treats or anything, but when I come out in the yard, they come arunnin'! This is the lady who fills the feeders and the waterers and throws tastey garbage at us....I think I'll see what she has today!
D.gif
I can walk in their coop and throw oyster shells and they come and act like its candy. Maybe yours are just not piggy enough. Try taking their food away and only feeding in the evenings...in their coop. Wanna bet they kill themselves getting through the door before the others?
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom