Calling Speckledhen, or anyone else that knows barred rocks,pullets

ROO! but im positive its a barred rock. :) i hope i could help
lol.png

I don't want to be the odd one out, but I say wait a little and see! It still looks very little!
jumpy.gif

Quote:
There is no question about this one, no "wait and see" needed. Barred Rock males are much lighter overall than females. The girls don't get combs that large till they are twice as old as this little guy. I love, love, love BR boys! Too bad you can't keep him.

Just my 2 cents, but it looks JUST like the ones we bought at the feed store where the bin was all sexed pullets!

Wait and see~ Although ours are now 4 weeks old, and lost the spot, all the ones in the bin had spots, and I was looking at that little comb too, on ours. Here's some pics I just took. So either ours are older than 2 weeks when we bought them, or yours are younger when you bought yours.

barred082111.jpg

barred0821112.jpg

Quote:
There is no question about this one, no "wait and see" needed. Barred Rock males are much lighter overall than females. The girls don't get combs that large till they are twice as old as this little guy. I love, love, love BR boys! Too bad you can't keep him.

I know, I would love to. I wish I could have a rooster, and if I could only keep one, it would be a BR. I never knew how much I would love having one. I had one up to last year..she is gone now..
sad.png
but she added so much to my little back yard flock. My husbands fav also in color. And, she was a great egg layer. So, found someone today that has a barred rock pullet, and, will take my baby boy, and hopefully, my RIR that is looking like a roo. She has a lot of land.
smile.png

This BR is such a sweet and gentle one...at least for now.
wink.png
So laid back and calm. Someone further down mentioned that the coloring also looked light..I noticed that a while back too. So, why in the world, made me pick this one out, out of all of those babies?? I know about the large spot, I know about the darker legs, I just saw this little one looking good by scurrying around...should have known then, the little cockerels are more brave and bold than the girls.

Back
Top Bottom