Callous

Jun 29, 2021
I have a female mallard who was treated for bumblefoot by a vet. The bumblefoot is gone but now she has a large callous in that area. It is right in the middle of her foot and she is limping so I know it hurts her. Ant suggestions for treating this?

I have a female mallard who was treated for bumblefoot by a vet. The bumblefoot is gone but now she has a large callous in that area. It is right in the middle of her foot and she is limping so I know it hurts her. Ant suggestions for treating this?
Hi! Can you give her feet a soak with some dawn dish soap and then use a coarse salt or sugar to scrub the callous away? You may need to repeat a couple of times. But Dawn should soften it nicely.

I really like crazyK farms neoprene duck boots and keeping the scab smothered in original Neosporin so it stays soft. I was having issues with some of the bumbles callousing, but now I keep the bumble well coated in Neosporin, wrapped with 1" wide vet wrap which not only makes it easy to wrap, but it isn't bulky so the boot slides on nicely and then I put on the duck boots over it. I have had no callous or scar tissue problems since and the bumbles heal up in general much faster.

Back
Top Bottom