Calls and Cayugas 2021

Pics
Alice is done.
I go out to check on them today she is pacing the fence havin a meltdown. Her babies are nowhere in sight. I opened the door and let her out.
If it's possible for a duck to smile I swear Maizee did.
She lifted herself up long enough to reveal to me that she now has ALL the babies. 🤣
She's pretty proud of herself and seems to be glad to be rid of the other mother. 😆
Trust me: Duck can smile!!!
They smile when you slip and fall butt-first into the mucky ducky-pond in the middle of the winter, they laugh when you crawl on all four up the hill to get a stubborn drake out of the pool at bed-time and they lol when you hit your forehead at the door of the duck-house that you've built too small.

Alice is done.
I go out to check on them today she is pacing the fence havin a meltdown. Her babies are nowhere in sight. I opened the door and let her out.
If it's possible for a duck to smile I swear Maizee did.
She lifted herself up long enough to reveal to me that she now has ALL the babies. 🤣
She's pretty proud of herself and seems to be glad to be rid of the other mother. 😆
Well... I felt pity on alice and let her back in. She was crying.
Went back out after a few hours and check on her and a couple of babies went back to her. Seems like all is ok.
I think she was just distressed and didn't know what to do she had a few more eggs in the nest but they were all dead.
She seems to have settled down now now that I removed those dead eggs.

20210429_154915_HDR_(1).jpg
20210429_154908_HDR_(1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom