Calls and Cayugas 2021

Pics
That is Alice.
She's a spittin image of my first call girl Jane. I decided to put Jane out of her misery last summer. She had a reoccurring leg/hip issue and got to where she would go long periods of time without being able to walk. Which meant she had to be separated from her beloved mate Duck dux to keep from getting hurt again.
They would pine away for each other from behind bars. It was just too sad and I'm not much for keeping the handicapped ones around. :oops:
I was glad that I kept Alice, Duck took right up with her after Jane was gone, whether Alice liked it or not. 🤣 He stays in the house with her while she's on the nest and guards her just like he always did for Jane. :love
Aww Alice is a cutie!

So sorry about Jane, but it sounds like you made the right decision for her. It probably was so hard to make though. :hugs
I bet she missed poor Duck when they had to be separated. That’s so sad that they would pine away for each other. 💔
Is Alice any relation to Jane dux?
Glad Duck has taken interest in Alice and isn’t lonely. That is so sweet that he stands guard for the broodies! :love

Aww Alice is a cutie!

So sorry about Jane, but it sounds like you made the right decision for her. It probably was so hard to make though. :hugs
I bet she missed poor Duck when they had to be separated. That’s so sad that they would pine away for each other. 💔
Is Alice any relation to Jane dux?
Glad Duck has taken interest in Alice and isn’t lonely. That is so sweet that he stands guard for the broodies! :love
I'm sure she is related to her down the line somewhere.
Sure looks like Maizee had fun on her swim break! She’s a cutie! What color is she? :pop
She's a blue pied is my understanding.
I think she doubled her size since she went broody! - And quadrupled her courage.
What a brave momma duck. :love
On how many eggs is she sitting? That looks like more eggs than duck…
10 or 11 eggs, I forget now.

Holy geez! I didn’t know ducks did that. And she was breathing so hard!
Yeah! They huff and they puff and they will tear your nostrils right off. 😝
Some of them do anyway.
I don't mess with them a whole lot when they're like that. But I do try to go visit them and try and get them used to me getting in their space just in case I need to get in there and do anything or help a baby out. Some of them are really sweet and just let me lift them up and take a look. Not Alice. She's a little dragon. 🤣

20210416_195410_(1).jpg
20210416_195404.jpg

Back
Top Bottom