Calls and Cayugas 2021

Pics
Well..
For one thing, calls can fly. So that would give her an advantage over the bellybutton.
If you were serious about wanting them though, I would advise ya to make a covered run for them though to keep them safe when your not around. They're the perfect snack size for sky predators.
That is a no-go for calls then! - My ducks are free ranging on IDontKnowHowManyAcres and i cannot cover all that with netting. And we have red-tail- and red-shouldered-hawks. The crows are standing guard though, but sometimes a hawk manages to sneak through and to scare the carp out of the ducks.

Those standard size ducks can really blow out their butts can't they! Sounds like they been eating taco bell alm their lives.
Do not feed your ducks green salad together with red-kale and cat-food!!!
Mine had that in their supper-bowl for the last three days and they shoot green stinky liquid out of their stern six feet away.
Including the appetite-ruining sound effects!
And the smell made the stink bugs run for their lives…

Hmmm! I just can’t seem to acquire the taste for the duck eggs. You reckon it’s just MY ducks? Even cooking them repels my sense of smell. 🤷🏼‍♀️
I bet: I cook you an average size dux-egg and an egg from a happy xicken to perfection, peel them and serve them to you. You won't be able to taste a difference.
That »eeeewww! Dux-Egg!« is all psychological.

I don't know how much difference it makes that mine don't really free range much. I could imagine that if they're out eating lots of worms bugs and weeds and such maybe it makes a difference in the egg taste?

But mostly I think it's just what you get used to. Like switching from whole milk to 2%..
I wasn't sure I liked the duck eggs too much the first time I tried them. But I wasn't about to have egg laying pets and not eat their eggs. 🤣
Now I prefer them over chicken.
The first couple of eggs smelled bad. but now it's only the visitors who notice.They are really delicious when you are used to it!

Here we have a skunk tending his mates eggs..

01764FCA-BECC-45C2-9EBE-11504503236A.jpeg

notice how gently he repositioned the eggs.

And below is the skunk dux hybrid. Known as a skux. They are as worthless as both parents...
865CB514-C6CA-467F-9E48-EFD196F02F68.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom