Calls and Cayugas 2021

Pics
The latest
20210515_192751_(1).jpg

Oh @Pyxis...
Come hither please so I can bug you about colors again. 😝
So this color down isn't right for blue fawn is it?
20210405_191327_(1).jpg

I'm thinking this is the color you told me might be "chocolate Mallard" the dark down is more of a chocolatey color then a normal blue fawn gray color.
Here she is today, I'm having a hard time seeing just yet what will set her apart from a Blue fawn?
20210520_182129.jpg
20210520_181948.jpg

Oh @Pyxis...
Come hither please so I can bug you about colors again. 😝
So this color down isn't right for blue fawn is it? View attachment 2680354
I'm thinking this is the color you told me might be "chocolate Mallard" the dark down is more of a chocolatey color then a normal blue fawn gray color.
Here she is today, I'm having a hard time seeing just yet what will set her apart from a Blue fawn?
View attachment 2680356View attachment 2680357

Potentially she is both blue fawn AND chocolate :) That color would be called Lilac mallard.

Potentially she is both blue fawn AND chocolate :) That color would be called Lilac mallard.
Very interesting!
I've got another younger one out there like it. I may have to be it back as well so I can see what this looks like.
I'm pretty sure I've had one like this before way back with duck and Jane. 🤔 But I didn't notice the difference back then, I think I just assumed it was pastel or blue fawn.

So what makes a nutmeg?
I can't tell the difference in pics between nutmeg and blue fawn females.

Nutmeg is chocolate mallard. That's it, it's just chocolate on mallard base. Blue fawn is one blue dilution gene on mallard base.

Nutmeg is more brown. Lilac is a combo of the two.

Back
Top Bottom