Callus or bumblefoot?

TearDucks

Songster
5 Years
Mar 16, 2018
Rochester NY
I'm wondering if this is bumblefoot or a callus that's built up, this toe was broken a while back. The center isn't black and she is very active. She is a 6yr old Rouen duck. Her feet are orange brownish normally.
Screenshot_20230516-181625_Photos.jpg

Hmmm, I think bumblefoot. It would be rather odd for a callus to build up like that

Was there any sort of tear on his foot when he broke it?
No, unfortunately my dog mistook her for a river duck bc she looks them but bigger and she pounced on her on the river bank because I couldn't get there in time, but that was over a year ago.

No, unfortunately my dog mistook her for a river duck bc she looks them but bigger and she pounced on her on the river bank because I couldn't get there in time, but that was over a year ago.
Oh, that's too bad! I still lean a little bit more towards bumblefoot. With it being broken at one tim, I'd have to say that there's a bigger chance of bumblefoot developing. You could always try soaking it then taking a needle and poking around at it a bit just to see.

Oh, that's too bad! I still lean a little bit more towards bumblefoot. With it being broken at one tim, I'd have to say that there's a bigger chance of bumblefoot developing. You could always try soaking it then taking a needle and poking around at it a bit just to see.
Thank you I will see how that goes. I just don't wanna carve up her foot if it isn't bumble. But that sounds like a start.

Back
Top Bottom