Calmer chick?

ForFlocksSake

Songster
Jun 2, 2023
North Florida/Panhandle
Calmer chick?

I posted earlier today about a sick leghorn chick who quickly turned for the worst and died 2 days after I got her. I replaced her at the store today and also added 2 other breeds for a total of 6 chicks now. All different breeds.

The new leghorn seems to sleep more than the other chicks. She also sits more than the others. She behaves strong when she is up and about but just seems a bit more tired? Is this something to be concerned about? I watched her eat a few times and I think she’s been going for water. I put her over to the waterer a few times to encourage her. I’m sure I’m extra paranoid after losing one leghorn already. But what should I look out for? What are the chances of getting two sick chicks of the same breed? All of them were mixed in brooders so it’s not like the leghorns were all together separately.

i wouldnt worry too much, chickens have all sorts of dispositions .. if you just got it and it was in a busy brooder its also possible that it is indeed pretty wore out and is just catching up on rest lol ..

i wouldnt worry too much, chickens have all sorts of dispositions .. if you just got it and it was in a busy brooder its also possible that it is indeed pretty wore out and is just catching up on rest lol ..
Thanks again for your advice. You actually calmed my nerves quite a bit yesterday. The chick I was concerned about it totally fine today. High energy and seemingly happy!

Back
Top Bottom