Camera in chicken coop?

Tagging along, as we want to add two wi-fi cameras to our new coop (build thread is here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/our-maine-duck-house.1177775/page-3#post-18568511)--one in the coop and one in the run. We need to order today (probably from Amazon). We're worried about reports we've heard about that hardware cloth interferes with the wi-fi signal. We are running power to the coop. Is it better to hardwire the cameras? And suggestions?
Let us know what you buy and how it works out. I probably won't be purchasing until later this summer.

Easy way to check your wifi signal connect up your phone to the internet router walk out to coop see what your signal streath is. There's apps too

So we got the Zmodo 720 Outdoor Home WiFi Security Surveillance Video Cameras System (2 Pack) from Amazon for $65. We also got a Netgear Range Extender for the barn, which is between the house and the coop. Set-up was easy and we're pleased with the quality of the image. These are fixed cameras, so we have one in the coop and one in the run. We'll probably add two more--another in the run so we can see the whole run, as well as one on the corner of the barn that will allow us to see the whole coop and catch any interested predators with the motion sensor. Overall we are pleased, although on our first trip away, the cameras went offline. It appeared to be our router though and not the cameras. I'll update after we've had them for a little while.

We are doing some research on this now. I'd love to hear about people's set ups. Our coop has a metal roof, so may need to brainstorm some ideas to not have that affect a signal.....

I use the Foscam C2 hanging in the rafters about 4 feet up, the coop is 3x6 and it shows almost the whole inside.
We have an extension cord running out to the coop about 50ft. It uses wife.
It has a nice picture and infrared at night.
cam3_1501805951294.jpg

Back
Top Bottom