Camera inside coop

happyhencamper

Songster
Sep 25, 2020
I was wanting to watch my girls at night with a camera just for fun. Some of them (maybe all) blink and flash. I can't have that disturbing them. Just wondered if anyone may be doing this and what they use.

I was wanting to watch my girls at night with a camera just for fun. Some of them (maybe all) blink and flash. I can't have that disturbing them. Just wondered if anyone may be doing this and what they use.
We have the wyze brand in our coop, as long as you turn it off when not using it shouldn't bother them too much, also we found out that the night vision setting on the cameras uses infrared light to illuminate, chickens can see infrared! So it's like having a huge bright flashlight on them.

We have the wyze brand in our coop, as long as you turn it off when not using it shouldn't bother them too much, also we found out that the night vision setting on the cameras uses infrared light to illuminate, chickens can see infrared! So it's like having a huge bright flashlight on them.
They don't care.
Mine have been under Wyze cameras for almost 5 years without an issue at all.

Thanks I guess I won’t be spying on them lol I figured that in order for a camera to work at night it would be flashing. Their automatic door opener does flash red but just a button.

Mine dont seem to care about the camera in with them. Its handy because I've forgotten and left the light on in the coop in the past. Checking on them to make sure everyone's in the coop thru the camera I realized the regular light was still on. They were definitely irritated by the regular light, but not at all by the camera's IR.

1708729535958.png

Back
Top Bottom