Campine Chicken thread?

Pics
Like I said, that is what I'm getting from mine.  If you are getting more, that's great!  They should be laying at least five a week.

Got ya. Your birds are so beautiful!!!!!
I know mine are not of great quality, but they are great back yard birds and I enjoy them.
I notice that the young ones we hatched all have the white earlobes even though the parents have red. Also, since the last moult the roo has tan feathers on the back of his neck. Maybe that is a sign that he had a silver and a golden as parents??? I only think that since 2 of the 6 we hatched out from our silver trio are golden. No matter, just enjoying them.

A 1893 quote calling the oldstyle Belgian Campine the ancestor of the Poule de Bresse! That 's some nice heritage;)

If you're asking about being able to sex them, then yes, I found the photos were able to help me sex my last hatch.
I'm going to take a real hard look at the chicks that hatch in a little over a week. I assume this is only when they are just hatched. I also remember seeing something about color a shading somewhere, but I can't find it now.

It is possible, but difficult. The more of your line you raise, the easier it gets. In my line, I can generally sex them by a week based on stance, comb development, and believe it or not, by the crowing! I hatched two silver Campine chicks in a test hatch a couple of months ago and have a pair. The cockerel has been crowing since he was three days old.

Just received silver brakels x with golden brakels. One looks very silver ...two silver ish. The rest are gold. Who has experience breeding for silver?

Back
Top Bottom