Campine Chicken thread?

Pics
Hmmm, I'm noticing my chicks are a PAIR! The boo is definitely getting his tail feathers in already, he looks stunning! Does anyone know what may cause toes to get a pink tip? The female had normal colored toes, and now, she has pink on them!
sad.png
Is this genetic or something else? Hmm.

Also, their personalities are very interesting! Very flighty If i reach into their cage, but if left free-range, they don't mind human proximity. Is this normal as well?
smile.png

Quote:
Yes, its normal....maybe they just feel too trapped in the cage, but outside they know they have somewhere to run, so they don't panic as much. I've actually noticed the same thing with lots of breeds, even calmer ones, especially when they're young.

I see, I'm glad it's nothing too out of the ordinary, I should have pictures in this thread tomorrow, I'm really liking how they're looking so far, It seems like their combs are growing so much each day, I'm absolutely infatuated with this breed now.
lol.png

I have a trio of golden campines. Got them from someone that didn't want "older" birds. The females seem to be about a year old and the roo about two maybe.

Copper, the roo, is proving himself to be a good producer. My first egg hatched and the chick is already gorgeous. The second egg is in the process of hatching.

Chloe and Claudia are pretty good at laying but for some reason have stopped. I have five eggs total but only two are doing anything.

I love the campines. They have awesome personality!!! They don't care for the upclose and personal touch but when free-range, they will come right up and eat out of our hands. The smaller female will follow my son around the yard.

I never knew that chickens in general would be so much fun!

Quote:
Mine is almost 4 weeks. She was sexed. This time last week she looked exactly the same except for a smaller comb...in fact it's probably still smaller. Of the 18 mixed breed chicks I have she was the slowest to feather out...still about a week behind the others.

Quote:
Mine is almost 4 weeks. She was sexed. This time last week she looked exactly the same except for a smaller comb...in fact it's probably still smaller. Of the 18 mixed breed chicks I have she was the slowest to feather out...still about a week behind the others.

That's why I was thinking roo, because the comb seems to be kinda big for the age. But I haven't seen a lot of campine chick pics at various ages, so... I'll know for sure with the first crow/egg!

Back
Top Bottom