Campine Chicken thread?

Pics
Campines are excellent foragers and free rangers but will also tolerate confinement quite well. Mine are some of the toughest birds I have. They will withstand the cold or heat very well. They are usually very curious and friendly birds but can also be flighty if startled or feeling threatened. Mine are usually the first in line for treats though. My Golden Campine stock is much calmer than my Silvers, which is likely just a result of the particular line. In my experience, it is very difficult to find show quality Campines.

Heres mine, Flee Flee. She was a stray...
98268_kaylas_phone_july3_166.jpg

98268_kaylas_phone_july3_157.jpg

Here is a picture of one of my young Silver cockerel. I took the picture back in the spring when he was about 5 months old.

19748_campines_043.jpg

Last edited:
I have hatched 60+ Campines this year and I am hoping I will end up with a few quality, young birds to keep for breeders. I've completed one round of culling for major faults and will cull another bunch in a few weeks. Most are still way too young to make a decision on and some are still in the brooder. Here are a couple pics of some young ones still running around.
19748_gingerwycamppr_027.jpg

19748_misc_366.jpg

19748_misc_329.jpg

19748_misc_331.jpg

Wow, if all Campines are as, uh, energetic as mine, you have your hands full. I love the quirkyness of mine. She's a character. But I can't imagine a whole yard full of them.

Sharol

Quote:

On "treat day", it can get real interesting. Of course, the Campines are always the first in line! They're like big ol' yellow jackets swarming around my feet.
ep.gif
One little cockerel always flies straight to my shoulder or back or head.......terrible sense of direction!

Back
Top Bottom