Campine Chicken thread?

Pics
Bantam Silver Campines, They are kinda molting right now
hmm.png

12005_campine.jpg

A few more pics of my young Campines. I hope I'm not boring everyone with all the pictures, but I love my Campines. I think I am seeing some improvement with the barring in this year's crop even though they are still young. Improved barring was my main goal when I set up my breeding pens last winter. I've got my fingers crossed that have I made some progress...
19748_2011_birds_018.jpg

19748_2011_birds_021.jpg

19748_2011_birds_058.jpg

19748_2011_birds_008.jpg

19748_2011_birds_004.jpg

19748_campines_040.jpg

Forgive me if they have been mentioned in this thread before, does anyone here have bantam Campines? Thanks.

Quote:
This is too funny as I can picture this perfectly and I only have 1. I sure love mine to pieces though and would love a whole darn flock of them. The silliest, goffiest, loudest chicken ever! Mine is molting so she is being queit
hide.gif
You should hear how noisy she is on coop cleaning day! Goofball.....

Does anyone want to sell or trade silver campine eggs in the spring? We want to start breeding them and have eggs in the bator right now. However I want to increase the gene pool at our place.

Quote:
Can anyone tell me more about the occurence of these pointy saddle feathers in cockerels?
Does it happen often?
What do you get if your campine rooster is crossed to a normal chicken?

I have campines! They are about 9 months old and still not laying. No wonder they are endangered. I have four hens and a rooster. Maybe one day we will get some fertile eggs that I can offer other campine lovers.

I have a 7 week old Golden Campine pullet who is one of the sweetest birds! She loves to fly up on my arm for extra love, and she is absolutely gorgeous! Campines are known to be very "talkative." I highly recommend Campines!

Back
Top Bottom