Campine Chicken thread?

Pics
as far as I can tell, sickle feathers on a campine roo are not to be desired. I have two campines from meyer hatchery, born mid august this year. Is it within reason to think that one is a roo because of two sickle feathers? They're about sixteen weeks old and only one looks like the hens posted here
hmm.png
. Sorry I cant post pics, but any insight would be appreciated.

smile.png

hey!
i dont own any Campines YET!
wink.png

i'm actually looking for a hen to show at the local Agricultural/Poultry shows next year...

so, i guess the people that read this are going to be Campine owners, and i was wondering, what is the best colour to get? also what is a good age to get?? i want to start showing them next year...

if anyone could help me with info on the Campines i would be forever greatful!
smile.png

Quote:
Did you mean sickle feathers in the tail, or saddle feathers on the back? Go to page 17 in this thread to see what they should look like, then scroll down to a shot of a roo with the saddle feathers, which is a DQ for the breed. Both sexes should be "hen feathered".

Quote:

My Campine Porkus is just how you describe yours! I have had her almost 2 years now and will always have them....What a character!
tongue.png

24751_goofy_pork.jpg

24751_pic_8.jpg

24751_sb6.jpg

She had a battle a year or so ago with impacted and sour crop but we fixed her! Now she has a little saggy crop but at least she is alive!

Last edited:
Gold & Silver Campines in Southern California

Any Campine breeders out there in need of a new roo to add diversity to their gene pool? I will have a couple of each color in the coming months. They came to me as shipped chicks from Duane Urch. PM me if you can use some new blood.

Back
Top Bottom