Campine Chicken thread?

Pics
Here's a couple pictures of some 5-6 month old Golden Campines. The black barring on the cockerels tend to be wider and darker than the pullets. Also the combs on 7-8 month old cockerels will tend be quite pronounced and bright.

cockerels

pullet

So both hens, the no eggs could be the daylight changing and it getting a little bit cooler out?

And the one not being nice to me is she is just being a b****?

I'll see if I can get a picture of them today up for a 7 month picture.

~Thank you again.

Here's a couple pictures of some 5-6 month old Golden Campines. The black barring on the cockerels tend to be wider and darker than the pullets. Also the combs on 7-8 month old cockerels will tend be quite pronounced and bright.

cockerels

pullet

The last picture here, my Golden Campine don't have tails like cockerels. They do not have the "full" tail look going on. They are very streamline like the pullets in the foreground.

Quote: Thanks for replying but your too far away, hope to find someone closer with some.
cool.png

Interesting. Well mine are a bit past that 28 weeks of age.

So maybe they will be hens?

These two close ups were taken 7 weeks ago (they are about 21 weeks old):

This is the nice one:

This is the NOT nice one:

And this is one taken 10 weeks ago (they are about 18 weeks old):

Any ideas from those who have raised this pretty yet frustrating breed?

Or just wild guesses are welcome too!

I did post something 4 months ago, https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...mpine-sexer-needed-also-there-are-many-photos

I didn't get new pictures taken today. But will see if I can get some current ones up.

~Thank you again.

I would say you have two hens here. The not nice one must be just very aggressive. I have many very aggressive hens but they never take it out on me.

Hello everyone,

I am new to this thread and am glad to see so many people love Campines as much as I do!

I started raising Campines about 8 years ago and have never regretted it. I love taking them to shows and have started to win some prizes!

Sorry, it took me longer than I thought to remember to take pictures of my "girls."

But here are some updated pictures taken yesterday, they are about 31 weeks old (almost 8 months).

The first picture is the "mean" one. She is all puffed up trying to attack me, notice the dropped wing. I think she is the lowest on the pecking order between the three I have. It has a couple of broken tail feathers from me pushing her backward with my foot when being attacked.

This next picture is of the "sweet" one. She will sit with me if she wants to for hours at a time, but under her terms only.

And this is the best side-by-side I could get them to do. The "nice" one is on the right the "mean" the left.

Thank you again.

~I would very much love to give the mean one away to my sister-in-laws farm, but don't want to if it is then hen and the other turns to be a rooster.

Sorry, it took me longer than I thought to remember to take pictures of my "girls."

But here are some updated pictures taken yesterday, they are about 31 weeks old (almost 8 months).

The first picture is the "mean" one. She is all puffed up trying to attack me, notice the dropped wing. I think she is the lowest on the pecking order between the three I have. It has a couple of broken tail feathers from me pushing her backward with my foot when being attacked.

This one is a rooster, for sure. His top tail feather is slightly curved, and his comb and wattles are much larger than females.
He doesn't look feminine at all.

This next picture is of the "sweet" one. She will sit with me if she wants to for hours at a time, but under her terms only.

This one I am not so sure about, I'm guessing it is also a rooster. He also doesn't look feminine,
and the size of his comb and wattles points towards masculinity. He has a slightly curved top tail
feather, as well.

And this is the best side-by-side I could get them to do. The "nice" one is on the right the "mean" the left.

They are both very pretty birds, their hen feathering is down pat! Are they crowing? Do they have any spurs?
If they are both boys, I would definitely keep the "nice" one

Thank you again.

~I would very much love to give the mean one away to my sister-in-laws farm, but don't want to if it is then hen and the other turns to be a rooster.

Back
Top Bottom