Campine down color genetics?

Lizzy733

Crowing
5 Years
Nov 13, 2018
New Zealand
Hey guys,

I'm new to Campines and have 4 golden in the brooder. Half have a darker, more mottled down pattern and the other half are more golden with less diversity in their mottling

I'm assuming these aren't sexlink qualities cause I'm pretty convinced I have a boy and girl of each according to attitude and other early tells. (Though they are only 1 week old)

Does anyone know if the down color would correlate to the overall quality of their adult feather pattern and if so, which would be more desirable?

Does anyone know if the down color would correlate to the overall quality of their adult feather pattern and if so, which would be more desirable?
I think it does in some breeds/colors and not in others, but I do not know for Campines.

Maybe you could mark the two groups in some way, like different colored leg bands, and then compare when they are older.

I think it does in some breeds/colors and not in others, but I do not know for Campines.

Maybe you could mark the two groups in some way, like different colored leg bands, and then compare when they are older.
I have marked them, but won't be keeping all of them to maturity. I'm urban and will be selling off spares as soon as they can be reliably sexed, which I've heard is 3 weeks for campine.

Back
Top Bottom