Can 2 female ringneck doves raise babies?

loveydovey

Hatching
Mar 18, 2016
My sister has 2 female ringnecks who have relentlessly tried to make babies for the past 2 years. She wants to get an egg or 2 for them to raise. My concern is about the crop milk, and if the females naturally produce crop milk from hormonal changes after laying eggs or if it is triggered by successful mating between male and females. If these females can raise babies, where would I be able to find eggs? Thanks!

My sister has 2 female ringnecks who have relentlessly tried to make babies for the past 2 years. She wants to get an egg or 2 for them to raise. My concern is about the crop milk, and if the females naturally produce crop milk from hormonal changes after laying eggs or if it is triggered by successful mating between male and females. If these females can raise babies, where would I be able to find eggs? Thanks!

Yes. Two females (two males) can raise chicks if given fertile eggs. If they cooperate with each other and brood day and night.

. She crop milk from hormonal changes aftwants to get an egg or 2 for them to raise. My concern is about the crop milk, and if the females naturally produce er laying eggs
I have had lesbian pigeons successfully incubate fertile eggs and raise squabs as foster parents. I also had the same pair mate with cock birds and lay 4 fertilized in the lesbian nest. I took one egg out of the nest and fostered it out to another pair and they both raised 3 squabs to adult hood.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom