Can a broody bantam hatch quail?

Hello.
Thinking forward to the spring would this be possible/safe?
Thanks
I let my silkies sit on eggs but moved them to the incubator close to hatch as the silkies could inadvertently crush or suffocate them due to the size difference.....really depends on the size of the broody and the setup etc.

So tempting.........in these strange times it is a good thing to distract me. Can they share a run or a run they need separate quarters? Jo

So tempting.........in these strange times it is a good thing to distract me. Can they share a run or a run they need separate quarters? Jo
They would need seperate quarters. They can hatch them, but chicks and baby quail act differently and mama may not be a good mom because of that. I wouldn't let them stay with her.

I’ve seen multiple people hatch quail chicks with a broody bantam hen like an OEGB but chickens and quails are very different and I wouldn’t do it because they could pass diseases as Quailobsessed mentioned but also I wouldn’t want the chicken to get attached to them and then they’re trying to raise them but the quails are already matured (by 6 weeks). Overall there are many problems with this combination but it’s not my decision. :)

I’ve seen multiple people hatch quail chicks with a broody bantam hen like an OEGB but chickens and quails are very different and I wouldn’t do it because they could pass diseases as Quailobsessed mentioned but also I wouldn’t want the chicken to get attached to them and then they’re trying to raise them but the quails are already matured (by 6 weeks). Overall there are many problems with this combination but it’s not my decision. :)
Who knew!

Back
Top Bottom