Can a chick live that is not fully developed?

Ashley4

Chirping
Apr 11, 2021
This baby was born today under one of my chickens. This is the second one that came out looking this way. I treated it and added liquid bandage on the skin. Is there anyway that the chicks can survive? Also what would cause them to hatch this way?

Attachments

• 20210516_125756.jpg
    20210516_125756.jpg
    406.6 KB · Views: 57
This baby was born today under one of my chickens. This is the second one that came out looking this way. I treated it and added liquid bandage on the skin. Is there anyway that the chicks can survive? Also what would cause them to hatch this way?
How many broody hen do you have right now?

One hisses when you go in and the other just one day decided she wanted to sit on eggs so we gave her some. Sometimes she gets up and comes back, but one of the other chickens takes her place while she is gone.

One hisses when you go in and the other just one day decided she wanted to sit on eggs so we gave her some. Sometimes she gets up and comes back, but one of the other chickens takes her place while she is gone.
I'm sorry do you mind posting the other check as well.

These chicks got injured by the broodies.

If you have two broodies in the same area they can feel disturbed by the presence of the other one and start to peck at he chicks.

Back
Top Bottom