Can a chicken overdose on baby aspirin???

Naolove

Chirping
Mar 12, 2021
Ok long story short a bottle of baby aspirin lid had popped off and it spilled. My one hen that is recovering from an injury was on the screen porch with us and picked up the aspirin like they were candy. She grabbed a bunch before we even realized they had hit the floor. I have no idea how many actually got into to her system bunch she was really going at them. What do I do?? Anything? Just wait it out and see? I have no poultry vets near me that's why I've been treating the injury myself, she was attacked by a possum. And has open gashes on her back

The most likely effect of too much aspirin would be bleeding. It's a blood thinner in chickens, too. Keep an eye on the wounds; if they don't start bleeding more, she'll probably be just fine.

The most likely effect of too much aspirin would be bleeding. It's a blood thinner in chickens, too. Keep an eye on the wounds; if they don't start bleeding more, she'll probably be just fine.
Ok thank you! Hopefully it will help with the pain from the wound if nothing else

Back
Top Bottom