Can a chicken run With its head Chopped off??

Only if it's name is MIKE the headless chicken!
lau.gif
Seriously...yes, there is some reflexes that can cause them to run right after you chop the head off. Google (mike the headless rooster) it's a cool story
wink.png

Yes. When my dad killed roosters we would sit up on top of the rabbit hutches in order not to be sprayed by the blood or have a headless chicken bump into us....

When I was a kid I watched the head chopping thing at a relatives ( we didnt eat ours, just for eggs ) they not only run, they do cartwheels ! A few left the yard and had to be retieved from the cornfield next to the house even.

One of my jobs as a kid was to go after them after my dad had chopped the heads off. I wouldn't say they ran....it was more of a flopping until the reflexes stopped.

Last edited:
One of my earliest memories is my grandpa chopping the head off a chicken, and the chicken running all over the yard, then it suddenly dropped over dead. I was 3 years old and thought it was HILARIOUS!

I got to carry it in the house and pluck it, too. NEATO!

ours were so spazzed out they got air while flapping. We're talking 6 feet off the ground without heads. That was pretty crazy. That headless chicken story is pretty interesting, though, that's for sure.

You bet they do!! Although my dad used to yell at us if we let them run around. It bruises the meat.
We use killing cones and zip ties now a days. But this summer when my dad wasn't looking I let one go so the kids could see. They thought it was the coolest thing every.

Back
Top Bottom