can anyone assist on IDing a chicken??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bman8520, Aug 24, 2011.

1. bman8520

bman8520 New Egg

Jul 27, 2011
    i believe i have 1 buff orpington 1 rhode island red and the other one looks like an easter egger but she has yellow legs.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Easter Eggers can have any color legs, not just willow. They have no standard since they are hatchery mutts, so they can be any color, lay any color, have any comb, etc.

3. ChickenSahib

ChickenSahib Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2011
    Hayward
    I agree with you.

4. bman8520

bman8520 New Egg

Jul 27, 2011
    being in sicily i can assure you all these chickens are mutts lol. i picked them up at the garlic festival in st alfio sicily and have been raising them for "ouvo" or eggs [​IMG] and have been trying to ID them for 5 months now. i think it is safe to say 1 buff orp 1 RIR and 1 EE? thank you soo much.

5. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    I don't see anything that looks even remotely like an Easter Egger. You say you know they are mutts, but you want us to tell you the breed.... Mutts are mixed breed chickens, so that's what they are. Not trying to be rude or mean, just trying to explain.

That said, the red one could be a RIR cross. The buff one with black in her hackles looks more like a Buff Sussex. Do you have those there?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by