can anyone help ID this **PIC**

Quote:
I don't think its a skunk, they're tracks aren't nearly as round as the ones you took a photo of, skunks are little longer than wide. It could be long to a weasel, but the photos I've seen of their prints show that their toes are a little further away from the pad, however, it still could be a small member of the weasel family. Weasel tracks also usually have claw marks in their prints. The main key between canine prints & feline prints is the lack of discernable claws. If there are no claw marks near any of the prints, you've got a feline of some sort 99% of the time.

My guess is Weasel family.
tongue2.gif

I'm far from an expert, but I think it's a large tom cat. Raccoons and opossums have very different back and front feet. Weasels, minks, and otters do also, to a lesser degree, and they should show tiny claw marks. Any sort of canine would show claws, also.
Is the trail of tracks long enough to show a walking pattern? That's another clue not yet discussed.

Last edited:
Quote:
This is true of most cats, but is not true of Siamese cats. Siamese cats are (often) unable to retract their back claws. My Siamese cat walks around with all his claws poking out at all times and sounds clicky like a dog when he walks on a wood floor. If those footprints are from a cat, maybe it's a Siamese cat.

the tracks are a few days old... in some of the other pics it shows claw marks but those were blurred so I didnt take a pic... these were taken from right up on my front porch. My neighbor had cats but because of my dogs they dont come around much

Those tracks are from a domestic cat. It is unlikely a bobcat kitten would be that small and alone at this time of year. I would say you have a big feral Tom cat wandering through your area. Time to get out the live trap. If he's snooping around your place, he's probably hungry. Best to trap him now before he finds the chinks in your armor!

Back
Top Bottom