Can anyone help me figure out what kind of hen/roo that I have?

Well, if you folks are down in Cajun Country, there are some good breeders down your way. Look on the Louisianan thread on here. I bet you can find someone who has some decent purebreds that are more to your liking. I know of someone over in Alabama that I got Welsummer hatching eggs from and her birds looked nice and the chicks are growing out well too.

Not all Easter Eggers (what you are likely calling Ameraucanas), have muffs/beards. It all depends on what their parents are and what blood is in their veins. They come in all shapes, colors and sizes.

Good luck finding homes for the boys.

Quote:
I didn't even know that there was a Louisiana thread on here! I will try to find it! I'm sure that there are some good breeders, we just didn't know where to go or know any better
hmm.png
but we are learning! I love all my chickens, no matter what breed, just don't like it when somebody "tries to pull the wool over my eyes". They probably saw us coming a mile away! Lol! Thanks so much Minnie! You have been SO helpful!
big_smile.png

Why, you are quite welcome. I know enough to be dangerous sometimes, but I am glad I was helpful in this situation.
Good luck finding some nice, purebred birds to enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom